Wii Distracts Cops During Drug Raid

Polk County undercover drug investigators stormed the home of convicted drug dealer Michael Difalco near Lakeland, FL in March. Nothing wrong with, right? At least until a few of the officers noticed a Nintendo Wii.

What they failed to notice, however, was a wireless security camera connected to a computer inside Difalco's home that was recording their every move. That included the fact that several of the officers decided to play with the Nintendo Wii, including one Polk County sheriff's detective who stopped cataloging evidence repeatedly to "take her turn." When she hit two strikes in a row, she jumped and kicked in celebration (see the video below).

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd was embarrassed by the incident. He said, in an understatement:
"I'm not pleased that they played that Wii bowling game. That is not appropriate conduct at a search warrant. But I am less pleased with the supervision that didn't walk in and say, turn that off. That's what supervision should have done."
The question is, who won, and will they reimburse Difalco for his electricity (they were apparently there for nine hours).

Watch the video of the gameplay:
Via:  Various
Comments
gibbersome 5 years ago

Lol, I read about this one earlier. I say, give them a break. They're cops and just trying to have some fun.

kid007 5 years ago

if they one someone without emotion then hire robocop. thump up for the white/blue

Crisis Causer 5 years ago

If Super Troopers were made today they probably would have a scene like this.

bob_on_the_cob 5 years ago

[quote user="Crisis Causer"]

If Super Troopers were made today they probably would have a scene like this.

HA Ha. Loved that movie.

The funniest part of the whole thing is the horrible puns the reporters use in the video.

ClemSnide 5 years ago

Note to self: When planning next meth lab layout, include several Wii systems to distract cops while leaving through secret tunnel.

I can only offer a story about my trip to Japan. I had a first-gen Leatherman pocket tool, at that time unique among folding knives/pliers/etc. On the way over I packed it in check-on luggage and all was well. On the way back, though, I had it on my belt and it failed to go through the metal scanner. (This was pre-9/11, I should add, and airport security was considerably less twitchy.)

They allowed it to be placed in an envelope where it would travel with the pilots, to be picked up at the other end. Everything went well and I got my Leatherman back. But... it had been opened up into its plier configuration in the meantime!

I can only hope that the security team and pilots had a good time with it.

realneil 5 years ago

They are human and I would have done it too.

They are the good guys and playing Nintendo Wii doesn't make it any less so.

The media just loves to rub people's faces in it though,.......don't they?

That's the "Vulture's Candor" that Natalie Merchant sang about in her song "River".