Walmart to Carry Apple's iPad, Don't Expect a Discount

We have to hand it to Apple for what could turn out to be a brilliant marketing move. While the competition scrambles to release tablets in time for the holiday shopping season, Apple will be pushing its popular iPad in Walmart stores across the United States. This in addition to Best Buy and, more recently, more than 1,700 Target stores. In other words, for those who kick it old school and do their holiday shopping in brick and mortar locations, the iPad will be there at every turn.

As it pertains to Walmart, in addition to milk and laundry detergent, you'll be able to shop all six versions of the iPad as well as a bunch of related accessories, though from the leaked photos and memos they don't appear to be any cheaper than ordering directly from Apple. AppleCare will be offered too, though details are a little fuzzy here.

Some 1,000 Walmart locations will receive iPad shipments by the end of the month, with another 800 stores on tap for early November. As it stands, there are more than 2,800 Walmart "Supercenter" stores in the U.S. and 750 smaller sized versions
Via:  Mac Rumors
Comments
realneil 4 years ago

I'll have to buy four of them then,....not.

Der Meister 4 years ago

I enjoy the "low price" tag....

AWin 4 years ago

Ipad is so power! collaborate with Target and walmart, the two power retailers.I believe that so hot product will make walmart store making more profit and expanding the popularity. Indeed,ipad is so fantastic!now ,i am a ipad user , i use my ipad playing games, whach movies, sending e-mail ect. i maily use my ipad to enjoy movies, as i am a movie fan, i purchase a ipad chair and Aneesoft ipad video converter , i watch videos everyday and i never go to the cinema , at the same time, ipad as a tool of Mobile Office is also Applied and fashion for many enterprises , in a word, ipad are more and more applied by us in life .

gibbersome 4 years ago

I dunno if the iPad is what Walmart's target customers are looking for. Walmart's numbers suffered when they cut prices on many staple products hoping to bring in lots of customers who would also end up buying other items. However, people just bought the discounted products and ran, damaging Walmart's bottom line.

This year they have raised prices by about 5% to make up for the losses, so I guess adding overpriced products like the iPad is right along those lines. Lets see if the partnership works out.

Sarah Hastings 4 years ago

I read it in a news article that, its safer to buy an iPad from Walmart...  http://www.suite101.com/content/best-place-to-buy-an-ipad-probably-walmart-or-best-buy-a314424

Does it really matters, which retailer you get it from, for the iPad to work? I am a bit confused on this.

Der Meister 4 years ago

They are all assembled in China at Foxconnn. So I highly doubt there would be a difference...