Velocity Micro Edge Z55 Core i7 Gaming System

Like many enthusiast system manufacturers, Velocity Micro makes hand-built, high-end gaming rigs using the latest components, such as Intel’s Core i7 processors. Velocity Micro claims that they pride themselves on their extensive customization options, meticulous assembly procedures, a technically trained staff, and in-house US-based support.

Velocity Micro offers two series of gaming rigs—the Raptor and Edge series. The Raptor is “the best of the best” with more customization and tweaking options along with higher-end specs. The Raptor line offers two models: the Raptor Signature Edition (starting at $5,499) and the Raptor Z90 (starting at $3,599). The Edge series is also geared towards serious gaming enthusiasts, but strikes a balance between high-end specs and affordability. You’ll find five models in the Edge series: the Edge Z5 (starting at $859), Edge M10 (starting at $1,099), Edge Z15 (starting at $1,499), the Edge M40 (starting at $1,699), and the Edge Z55 (starting at $2,199).

Velocity Micro added a few options to our Edge Z55 test system, bringing the cost up to $2,399. Read on to see how the Edge Z55 Intel Core i7 Gaming System faired as we put the system through the usual level of rigorous HotHardware testing and hands-on evaluation.

Via:  HotHardware
Comments
bob_on_the_cob 6 years ago

WOW!

Nice review guys!

Dave_HH 6 years ago

Yeah Core i7 has some mad memory bandwidth with that triple channel. Thanks Bob. And Sarah thanks you too. :)

Der Meister 6 years ago

impressive indeed. I would love to get one of those!

tanka12345 6 years ago

[quote user="Der Meister"]

impressive indeed. I would love to get one of those!

Me too!Smile

recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

I've had my eye on Velocity as they seem to be well built and offer good bang for the buck compared to other system builders. I could be wrong, but I think Lian-Li makes their cases or at least some of them. If I didn't want or know how to build my own, I'd probably buy a VM system over Dell, HP, etc.

On a side note: The stock cooler for the i7 actually loox pretty nice... thumbs up Intel!

bob_on_the_cob 6 years ago

[quote user="recoveringknowitall"]

Yeah I have heard all good things from Velocity Micro. I have not priced them in the last year or so, but they always had competitive pricing as well.

jtm55 6 years ago

Hi All

I've heard good things about Velocity. If memory serves they bought Overdrive PC not long ago. Overdrive builds excellent machines I having seen one up close. I would classify them more of a boutique builder though.