Things are Really Bad: Letterman Skewers iPhone 4

You know things are really bad when David Letterman takes time out to skewer you with his Top Ten (either that, or things have become really good). In this case, things are really bad, as David Letterman's Top Ten List on Wednesday was the "Top Ten Signs You've Purchased a Bad iPhone."

Of course, Mel Gibson received some air time, too, so the iPhone 4 wasn't the only thing Letterman felt was worthy of ridicule. Here's the list (video below):

Top Ten Signs You've Purchased a Bad iPhone

10. To make a call, you have to insert a quarter
9. Automatically answers every call with a computerized, "Yello!"
8. Operates on 20 "D" batteries
7. Pre-loaded with naked photos of Steve Jobs
6. You keep getting anonymous texts reading, "iPhone kill you"
5. "Apple Store" looks suspiciously like some dude's trunk
4. Looks, smells and tastes like a Pop-Tart
3. There's no lather when washing your cornea (Sorry, that's a sign you've purchased a bad eye foam)
2. You check your email and it shocks your nuts
1. Only accepts calls from Mel Gibson

Via:  YouTube
Comments
sackyhack 4 years ago

I'm not an Apple fan, but I feel like this whole debacle is a little bit overblown. It certainly is a design flaw, but out of all of the iphone users I've met, including my sister and her husband, not one of them goes without some kind of protective cover (even before the iPhone4 came out), which is apparently all you need to solve the problem. Sure the customer shouldn't have to pay extra to fix Apple's mistake, but I feel like the majority of iPhone users might not even notice it because of the propensity to buy a cover to protect their precious god-device. Then again I'm only going by the couple dozen users I've met, not really a good representation of the millions.

oblio211 4 years ago

Sackyhack, fair enough but I have two coworkers with the iphone 4 and neither use protective cases. So my sample is 100% don't use cases. I have done testing on their phones running speed tests and it kills the signal almost completely when touched. Also, didn't Jobs say something about not needing a case at some point because it was so beautiful.

Anywho, back to the story; Letterman. I am so happy I don't watch him as this list was just atrocious. Did his writers actually think any of those were funny? Maybe it is catered toward a different demographic; the elderly. #2 was a little funny but that was because it was so random!

inspector 4 years ago

Here is the deal, many adults i seen do not use cases but almost all teens i seen use a case on smart phones.

But this was just funny! Number 2 should of been Number 1...

ClemSnide 4 years ago

Wow, that's incredible and truly meaningful. David Letterman breaking from his usual staid and serious interview format to make fun of something that's in the news? What's next? Saturday Night Live writing a humorous skit about it?!?

acarzt 4 years ago

Mmm... I think i'm gonna go eat some pop tarts now lol

gibbersome 4 years ago

Wasn't that funny, sorry Letterman.

acarzt 4 years ago

I lol'd at a few of those, but they weren't all gold :-P

animatortom 4 years ago

Mel would have told him to "just shut up and B!#* him because he deserved it!"

acarzt 4 years ago

just like he did his wife? Zip it!