Shuttle Unveils Liquid-Cooled SDXi Carbon SFF PC

Shuttle Inc., the leading designer and manufacturer of small form factor (SFF) computers and accessories, today announced the availability of the new custom liquid-cooled SDXi Carbon extreme gaming solution showcased earlier this month at the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show.

As an extreme performance system for gamers, enthusiasts, and even professionals working with graphic design, animation, or CAD, the Shuttle SDXi Carbon features a powerful quad-core Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 processor, dual-slot NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 graphics card, and high-speed DDR2 memory (up to 16GB) to deliver the best possible experience for today’s most demanding applications. Then to ensure maximum performance and stability at all times, SDXi Carbon features the world’s first Liquid I.C.E. technology that is designed to deliver the most efficient cooling solution in an extreme small form factor system. As a finishing touch, the SDXi Carbon is custom wrapped and painted in a premium automotive level finish, making the exterior of the system as unique as the interior.

The Shuttle SDXi Carbon is available now as a pre-configured complete solution starting at $2,599 MSRP (U.S.). Shuttle Liquid I.C.E. will be available soon as an accessory for select models of the Shuttle H7 series (price to be determined at release).

Via:  Shuttle
Comments
nelsoncp21 5 years ago

Wow thats alot of power in a little box. You would have to liquid cool it to keep those hot items cool in such a small case.

bob_on_the_cob 5 years ago

Thats a good looking shuttle.

digitaldd 5 years ago

Interesting a shuttle that has water cooling on board off the bat instead of one that needs serious modding to get it water-cooled..

recoveringknowitall 5 years ago

Since my current rig was built on the idea that I wanted something small, but powerful... that rig is very appealing to me!

Obviously the specs should make it appealing to most, but my interest is to the point of really wanting to make an effort to eventually get something like that.

Drago 5 years ago

I am sure they will be offering just the case and the WC setup for a few hundred bucks, which for anyone wanting a SSF with lots of power, this is a dream come true.

jeremy 5 years ago

Sneaky little bastards they are. Check this out on the Shuttle website. They show a GTX 2xx inside the case when viewed from the side through the clear panel which has its stock dual slot air cooling intact. Check the back view and it's a single slot video card, which could lead one to believe that the CPU and video card are both liquid cooled. However, there's no way a single 120mm radiator would support a QX9770 and GTX2xx on the same loop. Evidently the side view pictures and rear pictures are of different system configurations. Sneaky sneaky.

bob_on_the_cob 5 years ago

Took a look at the site to find that and got distracted by this http://us.shuttle.com/D1000.aspx

nelsoncp21 5 years ago

nice find bob. Did you see it all runs off a 100w psu!

bob_on_the_cob 5 years ago

[quote user="nelsoncp21"]

nice find bob. Did you see it all runs off a 100w psu!

yeah No GPU. Only a PCI-e 1x slot. That would be the big downside. Still a very cool concept.

Der Meister 5 years ago

Very cool, but why would you need a touch screne on it? I use to be in the boat that it looked cool in all but, really you would have a remote and nodoubt a wireless key board so the fron screne is almost usless, other than it looking cool.

bob_on_the_cob 5 years ago

[quote user="Der Meister"]

Yeah I guess this would be better. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harmony-Advanced-Universal-Control/dp/B000CS1TLE

Der Meister 5 years ago

^indeed the second one of those coes out with bluetooth for my PS3 i am so getting one, for my Home theater

shanewu 5 years ago

If I had a grand to blow, I'd put one of those D1000s in my kitchen as is, so that I could just check movie times and email and stuff like that. That's why you'd (or I'd) want the screen on the front. :)

bob_on_the_cob 5 years ago

Also widgets and stuff like that. But yeah I don't have a extra grand laying around.