Retailers Post Starcraft II Release Date

Starcraft II was announced in May 2007, and Korea went wild. While it may just be coincidence that a number of etailers have posted ship dates for Starcraft II, and that they all picked the same date, is it also a coincidence that Blizzard's Worldwide Invitational Event takes place in Paris on June 28 and 29 this week?

Many froth-mouthed fans of Blizzard's intergalactic real-time strategy masterpiece Starcraft have anxiously been awaiting word on when the next installment of the series would land in their anticipatory laps. Blizz has been characteristically tight-lipped about the title's launch window, though we were recently informed that an online SKU search for Starcraft II on Best Buy, Circuit City, and Gamestop's web sites reveal the same supposed release date of December 3, 2008.

We have another etailer to add to the list: EBGames also lists 12/3.  On the other hand, hmv.com lists 11/14/2008.  Nah, it's 4 - 1 in favor of 12/3.  We'll see if this comes to fruition or not.
Via:  JoyStiq
Comments
kid007 6 years ago
sounds like someone want to see how much money they will get, does it sound like what hollywood do?
I guess since GTA success everyone in the video game could post couple of hundred's (Millions)
Crisis Causer 6 years ago

I will get this game.  StarCraft is one of my top 5 games ever, and hopefully I love SCII just as much.  If this date is true, it's gonna be a fun Christmas.

vicaphit 6 years ago

I hope they add something to the game.  Right now it looks like they are releasing the first SC with a little bit of updated graphics, and a redo of the unit designs.  Kinda lame to slap on a new number if there is no new races.

Crisis Causer 6 years ago

There's a lot of different units though.  Protoss no longer have Dragoons, Dark Archons, Scouts, Corsairs, Arbiters and instead have new ground units and new air units.  Terrans no longer have Firebats, Vultures, Goliaths, Wraiths, and have multiple new units too.  It'll be a lot different.  But I do agree 0 new races after 10 years is a shame.

ice91785 6 years ago

I loved SC1 and strategy games in general...I am sure I will like the game vedy vedy much.

I think the new maps and units available will be enough to take away from lack of a new race....I am excited in fact (need to have to have a desktop at that point to handle it i am sure)

mentaldisorder 6 years ago

I'm with Crisis, SC is in my top 5 games, up there with Diablo2.  Both of the new bliz games look absolutely awesome.

frg1 6 years ago

cant wait but isnt the new wow expansion do out about the same time

bob_on_the_cob 6 years ago
Starcraft was the first strategy games I ever played and I have been playing them ever since. I can't wait. Looks like I'm not going home this Christmas!
Grahf 6 years ago

They always put a tenative release dates on sites and it keeps changing.