Panasonic Helps You Avoid Missed Calls With Link-to-Cell System
It's not uncommon for us to miss a call when we're at home, particularly if our cell phone is in the other room and we can't hear it ring or simply can't get to it in time. Thanks to Panasonic's new Link-to-Cell system, you may not miss quite as many calls. The system targets busy professionals and multitasking parents who want the ability to answer their cell phone from multiple handsets.
Link-to-Cell uses Bluetooth technology to connect your cell phone to a Panasonic handset. With the system, you can make and receive phone calls using Panasonic handsets placed throughout the house. Simply place the Panasonic base unit in a place where the mobile phone receives a good connection to the cellular network and pair up to two Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones to the system. You can even select different ringtones for each phone.
Although a landline is not required to use the Link-to-Cell system, it will also work with a landline, enabling you to switch from mobile calls to landline calls if both ring at the same time. For users who have cut the cord, the Link-to-Cell technology lets you make and receive cell calls on a comfortable home phone handset without paying for home phone service.
"Many people depend on their cell phones for their home or business and don't want to miss an important call from a child or a client because of spotty cell service at home or because the phone isn't within easy reach," said Bill Taylor, President of Panasonic System Networks Company of America. "Panasonic's Link-to-Cell system makes the frustration of missed cell calls at home a thing of the past."
Panasonic's Link-to-Cell also offers a Phonebook Copy feature that lets you copy 600 names and numbers from your mobile to the Panasonic handset's built-in directory. The system can connect to any Bluetooth-enabled headset for hands-free talking.
Like other 2010 Panasonic cordless telephones, Link-to-Cell offers the following features:
- Proprietary DECT 6.0 PLUS technology for high quality sound and extended range.
- Intelligent Eco Mode for extended battery life; automatically reduces handset power consumption when used near the base station.
- Call Block -- Block unwanted calls by creating a Call Block list with Caller ID information; blocked callers get a busy signal.
- Silent Mode -- Prevent a bedside (or any individual) handset from ringing at specified times.
- Non-slip Handset Design -- Rubberized grip makes it easier to cradle the phone when you need your hands free.
- Energy Star Certified -- Phones use about one-third less energy than non-qualified models.
- Expandable -- The system supports up to six handsets.
- Optional Range Extender module -- Doubles effective transmission range between base station and handsets.
The Panasonic Link-to-Cell system (KX-TG6582T) will be available for approximately $100. Users can purchase additional handsets (KX-TGA401B) for about $40. An optional Range Extender module is also available that will provide double the effective transmission range between the base station and handsets for about $30.