OCZ Introduces Memory for AM3 Platform

OCZ Technology Introduces AMD Optimized Memory for the AM3 Platform that Meets Low-Voltage Requirements for a Future-Proof System

OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today expanded their memory lineup for AMD enthusiasts and power users with new DDR3 kits qualified and optimized specifically for the AM3 platform. The new low-voltage kits were designed exclusively for AMD’s transition to DDR3 and are tailored to make full use of the latest computing environments as well as establish a future-proof system with restricted voltage requirements.

“AMD’s new AM3 architecture is designed specifically for the gaming community, with emphasis on high data transfer rates between the system memory and the graphics subsystem,” commented Dr. Michael Schuette, VP of Technology Development at OCZ. “The key improvement over the AM2 platform is the embracing of DDR3 technology where OCZ has a track record of being a market leader. These new AMD kits further establish our leading role in this category and show our commitment to both industry partners and the gaming community by complementing AMD’s gaming platform with future-oriented, low voltage memory technology.”

OCZ’s newest 1600MHz and 1333MHz Low-Voltage kits are optimized to leverage AMD’s DDR3 platform for an enhanced real world computing experience, particularly beneficial for enthusiasts, gamers, and professionals whose systems demand superior compatibility. Featuring a low-voltage specification, the new AMD optimized memory will be an excellent way to future-proof your system with impending CPU voltage limitations on the next generation platforms.

OCZ will release the low-voltage AMD Edition kits under the award-winning Platinum and Gold series designed specifically for enthusiasts and gamers:

OCZ PC3-12800 Platinum AMD Edition Low Voltage (2x2GB) 7-7-7-24 @ 1.65v

OCZ PC3-12800 Gold AMD Edition Low Voltage (2x2GB) 8-8-8-24 @ 1.65v

OCZ PC3-10666 Platinum Low Voltage AMD Edition (2x2GB) 7-7-7-20 @ 1.65v

OCZ PC3-10666 Gold AMD Edition Low Voltage (2x2GB) 9-9-9-20 @ 1.65v

Each module is 100% hand-tested for quality assurance and compatibility and feature high quality gold or platinum mirrored XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heat spreaders for the most effective heat dissipation. As part of OCZ’s line-up of premium memory, the AMD Edition memory series is backed by a Lifetime Warranty and industry-leading technical support for unparalleled peace of mind.

Via:  OCZ
Tags:  OCZ, memory
Comments
3vi1 5 years ago

You know you're old when you hear "AM3" and "gaming" and you immediately think "Sega".

yoda8232 5 years ago

Elborate? I was more into my NES in those days. :P

3vi1 5 years ago

Sega had different developer groups divided into "AM" (Amusement Machine) teams.

AM1 created hits like House of the Dead, AM2 was famous for Virtua Fighter (and a TON of others), and AM3 created games such as Virtual On and Crazy Taxi.

yoda8232 5 years ago

Oh cool, that would be good for organization.

Amusement machine makes me think of tons of different meanings haha.

3vi1 5 years ago

LOL...  Think "arcade" and keep it clean.  haha

yoda8232 5 years ago

Gotcha. :P

bob_on_the_cob 5 years ago

I used to play crazy taxi at the arcade a lot. Loved that game.

yoda8232 5 years ago

Street Fighter style games and racing games were always the most popular for me at a arcade, some horror shooting games too haha.

ice91785 5 years ago

Believe it or not I am liking AM3 stuff lately....if I stumble upon some extra cash I would probably throw a rig together based around it (mostly cuz i7 is too d@mn expensive).

bob_on_the_cob 5 years ago

[quote user="ice91785"]

I'm with you. I think it is some very cool tech. The only reason I have been sticking with Intel is Jen gets my handmedown parts and it is just cheaper to keep the same platform.

nelsoncp21 5 years ago

Someone please clue me in here. I think I am missing something. What makes these modules AMD tailored. Does AM3 require specific ddr3 memory or is this just a sales gimic like the kits that are spceified for the i7 but aren't really any different then the other triple kits on the market.

yoda8232 5 years ago

This is just a gimmick saying your PC will last longer for with the lower voltages. But with the i7 you really can't go over 1.65V. Wait would a PC last longer with lower voltages?

nelsoncp21 5 years ago

supposively components would. theory being less voltage less heat. But these things are rated at 1.65 volts anyway so where's the big change?

bob_on_the_cob 5 years ago

Yeah I think by the time a higher voltage affected the computer it would be waaaaaay out of date anyway.

Geezy 5 years ago

Hey guys am new to this site, i want to get an AM3 platform the board i want is this GA-MA790FXT-UD5P however i cant find a good review on it, so begging you guys please try to get your hands one of em for your phenom ii x4 955 review. thanks a bunch