NZXT Unveils Phantom Enthusiast Full Tower Chassis

NZXT Unveils Phantom Enthusiast Full Tower Chassis

Flagship enclosure offers exhilarating design with unrivaled combination of high performance cooling advantages, extensive expandability, and innovative screwless installation

El Monte, CA – July 28, 2010 – NZXT, a company built on realizing the dreams of gamers worldwide, is proud to announce Phantom, the company’s most elegant and intelligent chassis design to date.  Phantom exudes sophistication with pristine contours and a robust menu of high performance features that will satisfy the demands of even the most discerning PC enthusiast.

High Performance Cooling Advantages – Phantom’s extensive cooling capabilities include 7 fan cooling options with dual 200mm, single 230/200mm, triple 120mm, and front 140mm fans.  For enhanced control and expandability, NZXT includes dual radiator support, quad watercooling cutouts, and an integrated fan controller with up to five 20W channels.

Extensive Compatibility and Expandability – Features support for larger heat sinks, graphics cards, and E-ATX motherboards enabling enthusiasts to include any of today’s hottest components. Vast space within the enclosure allows for 7 hard drives with SDD support and up to five 5.25” bays.

Simple Installation – Phantom celebrates an array of innovative features designed to enhance every stage of the build.  Meticulous wire management is easily attainable with large spacing behind the motherboard. The innovative all-new 5.25” screwless rails make installing and swapping HDDs an effortless process.

Additional Advanced Features – Further distinct features include an LED on/off button to control case lighting, rubber PSU and case feet to reduce vibration, easily removable front and top panels, and top mounted USB, Audio/Mic, and E-SATA ports.

“This is the most intelligent and elegantly designed chassis we’ve ever conceived” said Johnny Hou, Founder and Chief Designer at NZXT.  “The profoundly unique contours combined with a highly functional, robust feature set solidifies Phantom as one of the most innovative case designs on the market.”

NZXT reached out to the enthusiast community and enlisted the design input from the renowned modder of the L.O.S.I.A.S., Rogue, and OSIDIAS Projects, Craig Brugger, to aid in the creation of Phantom.  “NZXT has shown that there are still companies willing to listen to the community, and that collaboration can lead to innovation and a product with few compromises,” remarked Brugger.

Phantom will be available in early September in White, Red, and Black for the MSRP of $139.99.  For more information, see here.

Via:  NZXT
Comments
acarzt 4 years ago

That case has a lot of nice features. I thought the fan controller was pretty cool.

I'm not sure about the shape of it tho.

And the music in their little commercial was kind of lame lol and some of the "features" made me lol

"Fits long cards!" Ohhhhhh ahhhh lol most cases do these days :-P

inspector 4 years ago

Like the design and colors. would be nice to have some colors mixed but one solid color still looks awesome here :).

Well the point of the video is to point out all its specifications so even though its lame it shows you every part :P

crowTrobot 4 years ago

The white ones reminds me of the armors from Mass Effect. I hope this NZXT case has enough clearance on the top to mount aftermarket heatsinks unlike most NZXT cases

acarzt 4 years ago

If you watch the very informational video one of thier features was a ability to fit tall heat sinks lol

marco c 4 years ago

This is a nice case in person. I have one in-house and am really digging it.

acarzt 4 years ago

Review to come??? :-D

Dave_HH 4 years ago

You meatball... I fixed the width of the video for you. Marco is playing with dual Xeons right now, so his head is a little clouded. ;)

acarzt 4 years ago

Uhhhhh.. which Xeons exactly? :-P

Is it the uber expensive ones? lol

Inspector 4 years ago

LOL, can i get some dual xenons too? :) i would love to mess around with them as well...! :P

acarzt 4 years ago

I messed around with your mom's dual Xeons! Oh burrrrn!!! Snap!! lol

Also Xenon is a gas... Xeon is a CPU :-)

AKwyn 4 years ago

I have been deeply interested in making a dual-xeon system for months but I never had the money to do it.

Still I feel very envious at Marco for having Dual Xeon's to play around with. I wonder if you could build the most powerful system ever with those.

amdcrankitup 4 years ago

[quote user="Marco C"]

This is a nice case in person. I have one in-house and am really digging it.

I think its a good looking case myself real nice design I could see myself having one of these!

fat78 4 years ago

i realy like there cases. i own one of there nzxt tempest case and it has been giving me great airflow

3vi1 4 years ago

Looks pretty nice. I'm not crazy about the side panel though. Would have preferred a solid white or just one big window.

AKwyn 4 years ago

I agree 3vi1. While I do respect what they're trying to do, I feel like it would work better as just one big window.

soldier1969 4 years ago

Ive been waiting on the white one, this will be my next case come September!

acarzt 4 years ago

I liked the small touches like the rubber feet for the PSU, and mounting the radiator on the bottom to pull cool air from the ground. The only downside is the large amount of dust that it will pick up.

ClemSnide 4 years ago

Looks like I'll have to watch the video later; YouTube is being errory.

But that fire truck red case is definitely not what we'd call a "stealth" case. It's about as subtle as Richard Simmons at a Lady Gaga concert.

animatortom 4 years ago

That price is actually reasonable for all the features that come with it!

I like the white one...It looks like a Stormtrooper :)

lifeskills 4 years ago

the fan controller is definitely sweet, and I have a similar tool-free hdd rack in my Cooler Master case. I love that feature.

acarzt 4 years ago

Tool free cases are always awesome. It makes life so much easier.

realneil 4 years ago

It's full featured for the price, but I'm still partial to CoolerMaster cases.

ClemSnide 4 years ago

Like realneil, I like my Cooler Master case (the HAF 932 full tower). But I'll have to give a lukewarm endorsement to the tool-less design.

My experience with the side-facing HDs is that it's great. It holds them securely enough in their own vibration-dampened sled, and sticks the cables out to the right side (i.e. underneath the motherboard tray) where they don't interfere with airflow. But the DVD drive, the fan monitor (which I may take out), and the card reader had to be screwed down-- there was just too much play with that button-press latching system.

And around the back? Fuhgeddaboudit. It works OK for single-width cards, but a double-width (like my twin HD5850s) just don't clamp down; the tabs have to be left loose. Which means that you're using screws, which I'd be doing anyway (I do not want a $300 card flexing in its slot).

It is, however, my only complaint about a very nice case.

acarzt 4 years ago

I really like the cooler master cases... but the look of the HAF is a bit too extravagant for me lol

I really like the one on the system that is in the contest tho :-P

lifeskills 4 years ago

yeah I agree... That 690 II is pretty sweet. I have always liked the HAF series though, I think they look badass. but I like the 922, not as enormous, but plenty of room for full sized cards.

And ClemSnide, you're right.  Tool-less is good for Hdd, but I always screw in the expansion cards, too

pwhittak 4 years ago

this case is amazin, i have £6000 to build my desktop and im going to start with this case

slugbug 4 years ago

Nice to see NZXT incorporating some of their customers suggestions into their cases.The only thing I might add would be casters. They will be giving a few away on their Facebook page in the coming weeks for those who wish to try their luck: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/NZXT-Corp/17437970300

Click the NZXT Giveaway tab for details on how to enter.

acarzt 4 years ago

I don't think I want to change my facebook picture to NZXT's logo lol

My GF would not approve lol

pwhittak 4 years ago

will this case take a GA-X58A-UD9 motherboard? i need to know.

Any1 help please?

eunoia 4 years ago

animatortom 4 years ago
Still if this one comes down to the one bill range...I will probably have a new stormtrooper case! I like it!!