NZXT Reveals Colorful New FS-200 LED Fan Lineup

It's not quite as sophisticated or complex as some of the liquid cooling options we've seen lately, but there's still a monster market out there for standard case fans. NZXT knows a thing or two about the hardcore gaming PC sect, and they're introducing this week a new FS-200 LED fan lineup to provide powerful gusts with no noise. And in order to make modders happy, these are available with green, blue or red LED lighting.

Each FS-200 Silent LED Fan contains their own controller, but also comes packaged with a splitter allowing the Phantom’s LED switch to support two fans simultaneously. Expect these out later in the month for $17.99 each.

NZXT Expands Silent LED Fan Series

New FS-200 LED fans delivers powerful, silent cooling and color personalization with green, blue, and red LED lighting

El Monte, CA – April 28, 2011 – NZXT, a company built on realizing the dreams of gamers worldwide, is proud to announce the addition of the FS-200 Silent LED Fans.  The Silent LED Fan delivers extra functionality for NZXT cases, especially Phantom owners, with a quiet, powerful 200mm fan that also lights up the award-winning chassis with Red, Green, or Blue LED lights.  Each FS-200 Silent LED Fan contains their own controller, but also comes packaged with a splitter allowing the Phantom’s LED switch to support two fans simultaneously.

“Effective airflow is paramount for any performance rig” said Johnny Hou, Founder and Chief Designer at NZXT.  “With FS-200, we now have a 200mm solution that promotes maximum cooling, silence, and personalization for NZXT cases.”

Specifications:

•    Size: 200 x 200 x 30 mm
•    Voltage: 12V DC
•    Current: 0.42A+10%
•    Input: 5.04W
•    Speed: 700 rpm ± 200
•    Air Flow: 89.5 CFM
•    Air Pressure: 0.98mm H2O
•    Noise: 20.16 dBA
•    Bearing: Rifle Bearing
•    Life: 40,000 hours

The 200mm Silent LED Fan will be available in mid May for $17.99.  For more information visit www.nzxt.com/new/products/case_fans/fs_200LED
Via:  NZXT
Tags:  NZXT, cooling, fan, Accessory
Comments
omegadraco 3 years ago

Quite fans are nice and they also have some with the same blade design to reduce the noise that don't have LED's

everdark44 3 years ago

20 dBA with 90 CFM that is damn impressive I think that tops the scythe gentle typhoon series

AKwyn 3 years ago

Looks nice, has good specs, looks cool.

Can't wait to see how it performs in the real world.

dadodgeson 3 years ago

cool master has 200 and 240 mm fans with led but if want the direct replacement you have to look under your case type

(don't know how good or loud they will be but they look cool)

animatortom 3 years ago

Yall can keep the lighting, as long as they are quite, pushes lots of air and Cheap!!

Just bought the Coolermaster four pack. Even though they only push 45cfm the pricetag of 15bucks is better than 17 for only one.

rapid1 3 years ago

Yeah but animatortom these push over double the air  (89.5 CFM) with probably less than or very close to the same DBA (20.16 dBA)  . It depends on your usage as well as how cool you like to keep your internals. I might finally grab that liquid CPU cooler and these fans case wide for my 120/140mm fans. It would probably drop my CPU a couple degrees at least with just  the air on my CPU cooler. So maybe skip the liquid, but still these case wide would probably drop the temp of everything.

animatortom 3 years ago

Yeah...I know....My point being that for 17buck you can get one of these or four of the other.

I got the four pack for 15bucks and did a push-pull on the radiator, which ended up taking my CPU from about 140 down to 105. And with three extra fans my case temp went from around 135 down to 96.

coolice 3 years ago

am i the only one who doesnt light led lights on fans?? i like a nice dark quiet computer... in fact, i even dislike the hdd light on a case... the only thing i want to see is a power light to tell me if the computer is on. BUT back to the fan... 90cfn... ahh, lets say 70cf at 20db.... Daaaaaaaaaaang, that too for 20$, and the fact that its 200mm. thats pretty darn impressive.

BMAN 3 years ago

Cooler Master 200mm fans spin @ 700 RPM, push 110 CFM ( only 19 dBA )

Silverstone 180mm Air Penetrator fans spin @ 700 - 1200 RPM, push 80 - 130 CFM ( 18 - 34 dBA)

TFC Triebwerk Performance 120mm x 55mm fans spin @1800 RPM, push 88.4 CFM ( 30 dBA)

So there are a few options out there (compared to standard case fans) to your beast.

SLebau 3 years ago

I can't get the LED button to control two top fans! It defaults to only on whenever the second LED is plugged in.

RSmith 3 years ago

Idk how I missed this article, being that it's been on here for 2/3 of a year roughly, lol.  Thanks for dredging up this zombie, cuz it actually has helped me a lot!  I don't like the fact that the fan blades and spindle are white, but that's not a big deal, and potentially can be fixed with a little Krylon Plastikote black ;)

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention, as it gave me an epiphany, and btw, frozencpu sells these at the marked $17.99 price tag, and even has the option to get it sleeved for another $4 :D  I am so very happy about this!!!