NVIDIA Offering Free Copies of Mafia II With Most GeForce GTX 400 Series Cards

We just got word of a promo NVIDIA is running that will put a copy of Mafia II into the hands of new GeForce GTX 465, 470, and 480 owners. Here’s the full scoop straight from NVIDIA...

"Starting this week across the US and EMEA, you can now get a free copy of the smash hit game Mafia II with the purchase of a GeForce GPU, GTX 465 and higher! That’s right, a copy of Mafia II for free!

We here at NVIDIA are super excited about the incredible experience that can be realized when playing on a GeForce GPU. With a strong integration of NVIDIA PhysX technology and support for multi-display configurations including NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround (3D) and NVIDIA Surround (2D), only GeForce users can fully immerse themselves into the realistic worlds of Mafia II created by the top-notch game designers at 2K.

To celebrate the launch of Mafia II and the gaming goodness it provides to GeForce owners, NVIDIA is offering a coupon code good for one FREE digital download of the complete PC version of Mafia II with the purchase of any qualifying NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465 and above. The offer will be available while supplies last."

The offer is available at these online locations in the US: TigerDirect, MWave, and NewEgg. And in Canada at NCIX.

For general information on this special promotion, you can also visit this page at NVIDIA's website.

Via:  NVIDIA
Comments
3vi1 4 years ago

Facebook and the popularity of MafiaWars spoiled all of my fantasies of being in the Mafia.

Did that sound as stupid as it felt writing it?

3vi1 4 years ago

The bad news for me is that I just bought a GTX465 from the local brick-and-mortar Fry's... so I guess I'm disqualified.

crowTrobot 4 years ago

[quote user="3vi1"]

[/quote]If its EVGA, you're in luck as they are giving away free Mafia 2 for GTX 400 series owners next week. (No purchase date pre-requisite, limited quanitities).

Super Dave 4 years ago

[quote user="3vi1"]

Did that sound as stupid as it felt writing it?

3vi1 4 years ago

>> So just how is it that you are able to precede the news story (in the forum)? I was under the impression that only Super Heroes could do that.

Super heroes, db admins, and the damned lucky.

acarzt 4 years ago

[quote user="Super Dave"]

Because he's like Chuck Norris... 3vi1 writes a responce and a news story materializes around it.

Chuck norris stands in a parking lot and a bar materializes around him...

That story ends with chuck norris burning down the bar... so if 3vi1 really is like Chuck... we should all evacuate the forum immediately lol

animatortom 4 years ago

I never really have a hankering to play through the Godfather? I would rather eat the orange, then go blast some aliens on other planets :)

Super Dave 4 years ago

[quote user="animatortom"]Apparently the guys look pretty good, but the girls are sorely lacking...In resolution I mean:P[/quote]

I suspect that most guys avoid situations where the girls are sorely lacking. What were they thinking?!

marco c 4 years ago

@3vil - Consumer / Price protection bro. Return it and buy it again. (The store manager should actually help with this, if he / she has any regard for customers).

3vi1 4 years ago

Eh... I'm not so hot for the game that I would spend my time removing the card to return it. :\ I would probably play it for less time than it would take me to return the card.

fat78 4 years ago

was hoping there was a contest because i only read "free copies of mafia 2"

Nyaa 4 years ago

No love for 460s :[

realneil 4 years ago

This offer is no good for the GTX460 cards. Only the 465's and higher qualify and that's because the 460 seems to be more popular than they thought it would be. It's selling like hotcakes while the others have stagnated I'll bet.

slugbug 4 years ago

I'm expecting an EVGA GTX 465 soon. I hope this offer is still up whenever it is I receive it.

thebboss 4 years ago

I bought a Gainward GTX 470 the other day off ccl.co.uk and it said I would get a copy of Mafia 2 free, I have searched everything in the box but I cant find the redeem code anywhere, can I anyone help me?

crowTrobot 4 years ago

Do you have to register the card on Gainward's website? If they are anything like EVGA its usually redeemed through their site.

thebboss 4 years ago