Motorola Droid X: The Next Generation of Does

The original Motorola Droid was a huge hit, both for Motorola as well as for Verizon Wireless. In the time since the DROID was launched in November, Verizon Wireless has also added the HTC Droid Incredible to its lineup of popular Android handsets. Now, Motorola and Verizon Wireless have teamed up again to offer "The Next Generation of Does" in the form of the Motorola Droid X.

The Droid X uses the ever-popular candy bar form factor and ditches the original Droid's sliding keyboard. Big screens tend to be the norm these days, and the Droid X is no exception. On this smartphone, you'll find an expansive 4.3-inch touchscreen that supports a resolution of 854 x 480....

Motorola Droid X: The Next Generation of Does

Via:  HotHardware
Comments
method526 4 years ago

I don't see why 4G connectivity would be a deciding factor for the Editor's Choice Award when 4G isn't even prominent in most areas. However, I give you points for noting the iPhone's many faults compared to the Droid X and it's Big Red carrier.

animatortom 4 years ago

It is pretty sweet looking!

But No 4G, and No 1080p? Kinda falls short on futurability? Maybe they are trying to hit the market like Apple and make people buy new phones every six months yet be locked into a two year contract so you cant:P

I also like to keep mine in my front shirt pocket and this one would provide alot of sag!

Even though I am a TAG member,....I dont get into SAGCool

InfinityzeN 4 years ago

Nice phone, but unless you need a new phone now you are better off waiting till the end of the year.  The new dual core cpu's are coming out, along with a rise in most of the other features.

So 1.5Ghz dual core, 1GB ram, and a sharp increase in flash size will be hitting Android phones at the end of the year/begining of next.  I'm hoping my Evo will keep me happy through the first few months of it, but I'm exercising my Premire membership and getting a new phone next June.

acarzt 4 years ago

wow... what do you need such a powerful phone for? lol

AKwyn 4 years ago

I don't know why we need the power now (unless we would want to make better games for our phones) but unless newer apps are going to be using dual-core processors and require more then 1GB of RAM then I don't know why we'd need the power.

But I guess men like power in their devices.

Der Meister 4 years ago

I have had  droid x since it came out. I really like it, much better than my Storm 1; though most phones are these days.