Motorola Droid 4 Reportedly Drops to $199 on Contract

A new MAP (minimum advertised price) list from Verizon has been tipped online and it reveals a number of discounted Droid devices, including the upcoming Droid 4. Motorola's darling, which was unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas earlier this month, was originally announced at $249 with a two-year service agreement, but it now looks like you'll be able to snag one from Big Red for $200 (also on contract).

The Droid 4 boasts a 4-inch qHD display, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, 8MP camera with 1080p video capture, 4G LTE, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and various other amenities. There will also be a full suite of accessory options available, including the 10.1-inch Lapdock 100, 14-inch LapDock 500 Pro with built-in webcam and Ethernet connection, HD Dock, HD Station, and vehicle navigation mount.

There's good reason to believe the revised MAP is accurate. It listed the Droid Bionic dropping to $150, which is what it's now selling for at Verizon, and the Droid RAZR for $280, which is actually selling for $250.

Via:  Droid-Life
Comments
dangerrenegade 2 years ago

This IS the Droid I'm looking for. My OG Droid is seriously on the brink of death, and I need a physical keyboard. This needs to come out NOW.

RRichie 2 years ago

@DangerRenegade

I am in the exact same boat. My OG Droid's home button doesn't work anymore, battery doesn't hold a charge, and the mini-USB port hardly works.

realneil 2 years ago

I have a Moto-Razr that I bought in 2006.

Still works perfectly. Had to replace the battery once, so I bought two online for 23 bucks shipped.

LLeCompte 2 years ago

Not a bad deal if you want a keyboard.

cowboyspace 2 years ago

I had the Droid 3 before getting my Htc Evo 4G and was really good.What i liked about it was the keyboard, perfect for typing...For those who text a lot and web browse too this Droid 4 will defenitely be the choice.

dangerrenegade 2 years ago

The people that have got their hands on it so far say the keyboard is a lot better than the Droid 3... so I'm definitely excited for it.

cowboyspace 2 years ago

Yea obviously, it's a next model which means improvements :) so are you getting it? if yes, post a video with a quick personal review :) good luck