Microsoft Rewards Xbox Live Users

Microsoft introduced its free Xbox Live Rewards program to give loyal customers recognition and rewards for using Xbox Live. Members of the program will earn Microsoft Points—the same currency used by Xbox Live—when they use the service to renew a membership, activate Netflix, purchase merchandise, and more.

According to Larry Hryb, aka Major Nelson, Microsoft's Xbox Live director of programming, users will also be able to earn points while playing games on Xbox Live. The rewards program is available to anyone with a free Xbox Live membership, but Gold members will have additional opportunities to earn points. The points can be used to purchase content and gear from the Xbox Live Marketplace.

As you may recall, Sony announced its own rewards program back in October known as PlayStation Rewards. However, this program is currently available by invite only to PlayStation Plus and Gamer Advisory Panel members. Sony has had it plans to make the program available to all PlayStation users in the spring.

Via:  Microsoft
Comments
MMcCutcheon 4 years ago

10-400 points...you can't even buy a map pack for that much. i guess a few points here and there will add up, but not very exciting at all.

mentaldisorder 4 years ago

I was a part of the beta program for this. I think I got almost 400-500 points out of it. What you should know about this is that all of those points are only gained through the internet. By this I mean that if you buy a live gamer card and punch the code in, you won't get rewards points for renewal. Perhaps they changed this, but I doubt it. Also, you get points through customer surveys. Maybe 100 per survey? The point of this is not to get you a map pack, it's so you spend money on your characters, aka clothes and what not.

slugbug 4 years ago

Currently this is only available to US and UK members.

OSunday 4 years ago

These programs always have potential, but it takes about 2 years of demanding time and attention to trying to get points, this is alot like gamestops Powerup Rewards. I think they are both good concepts but most people wont want to devote much time to doing all that, working for 2 years towards accumulating points to get a pack of batteries or stickers as their reward

mentaldisorder 4 years ago

Are you kidding?! I'd save up points for a pack of AA's any day!...Playing aside, batteries are expensive.  But why would that be something that gamestop sells?  Can't say that I've even heard of this reward system you speak of.  I know they have a card that you pay a subscription too, in order to get discounts on used games.

wormy 4 years ago

easy my ass

animatortom 4 years ago

So use more Xbox live and you get a break? This is like the parents just handing their kids the credit card!

I wonder what their sales would be if the kids had to pay for this service themselves? With todays economy, you wouldnt have any time to play because you would be to busy mowing lawns :P

HKenyon 4 years ago

easy my ass

dodgers2213 4 years ago

there is also a pretty sweet contest from xbox here for joining the rewards

Grand prize: 50” HDTV ($1,699), Bose® Home Theater System ($499), Windows 7 Phone ($499), Xbox 360 with Kinect ($299), and a 3-Year Xbox LIVE Gold Membership ($180)

abc123 3 years ago

how do i join

AKwyn 3 years ago

I don't know if this is going to work out... I mean you're basically gaining points for doing ordinary everyday stuff and maybe tons of points or a little bit of points for buying select content. Either way, you're going to be waiting a long time before you decide to get a bonus to that pack you bought on Xbox Live.

At least it's better then that ill-fated Xbox Live Platinum card. I mean why would anybody consider earning real-life rewards such as discounts at Carl's Jr.?

GQuennoz 3 years ago

wow spend 60$ on 12montH get 3$ wortH of points

Nothing 2 years ago

Yo. Yo yo people I just got rewards I need to wait a total of 36 hours till my account is created can't u believe. But it's better because usually kids my age beg for some of those Microsoft points cards if u do beg join here at rewards.xbox.com and u will have so much points u can by lots of stuff on Xbox live and a total of map packs pictures games movies and more:) Well I got to go people's bee ba:) :) :)