Lian Li Announces Tyr PC-X500FX Case

Lian Li released the new Tyr PC-X500FX computer case. This new case is an upgrade to the Tyr PC-X500 case released in 2008. The case supports ATX, Micro-ATX, and Mini-ITX motherboards and can accept graphics cards up to 315mm long. You'll find six tool-less HDD mounting racks inside the case. Other highlights include four USB 3.0 multimedia I/O ports, one e-SATA/HD audio port, and a transparent side window. For cooling, there are three 140mm LED lit front-panel fans and two 120mm back-panel fans. A fan control-switch is located on the back panel.

“Style Oozing” from Lian Li's New Tyr PC-X500FX

If you liked the 2008 release you will love this

8 December 2010, Keelung, Taiwan – Lian Li Industrial Co. Ltd. maker of high-end all-aluminum computer chassis since 1983, is pleased to release the Tyr PC-X500FX computer case. An upgrade to Lian Li's Tyr PC-X500 released in 2008, the new chassis is a direct result of Lian Li's commitment to listening and giving consumers what they want.

Mid-Tower Size with Full-Tower Capabilities

In there review of the 2008 release OverClock3D.net said “This chassis is crying out for a windowed side panel to show all the goodness off.” Lian Li couldn't have agreed more and have added a side panel window to the Tyr PC-X500FX to show off its all-black, anodized aluminum interior. Reviewers called for more HDD room and they got it: The new case has tool-less, rubber suspension mounts for six 3.5” internal HDDs, as well as one internal 2.5” HDD. Two tool-less, external 5.25” ODD bays can be placed on either the right or left side panel, giving users the flexibility to place the PC-X500FX in virtually any location they want. There are eight, tool-less PCI expansion slots, room for graphics cards up to 315mm long, and the ability to mount ATX, Micro-ATX, or Mini-ITX motherboards onto the motherboard tray. The tool-less PSU holder has been moved to the bottom of the chassis, right above a ventilation hole covered by a dust filter, to improve the thermal design of the PC-X500FX. There is 215mm of space available, or, with an expansion rack, 280mm for long PSUs.

Superior Cooling

Three, LED lit, 140mm air-intake fans are located behind a washable, dust filter on the front panel. On the back panel, two 120mm fans remove hot air from the chassis' interior, ensuring hardware is never in danger of being damaged. For users who prefer, two rubber-ringed holes on the back panel can be used to mount a liquid cooling system. An easy-to-access, three-speed fan control-switch is located on the back panel as well. On the top panel there are four USB 3.0 ports, one e-SATA port, and HD audio ports, along with the On/Off LED switch.

The 2008 release “oozes style” according to OverClock3D.net's review. Lian Li, staying true to the stylish and simple tool-less design while improving capabilities, is confident that the new Tyr PC-X500FX does the same, only better.

Traditional Durability

The essence of Lian Li is the craftsmanship of the engineering. Intrinsic to the workmanship and quality of Lian Li's products is their customization capabilities, which include a whole host of optional extras that can be added to an already feature rich product.

For more details on features and extras available for the TYR PC-X500FX, please go to the Lian Li website: www.Lian-Li.com

Via:  Lian Li
Comments
infinityzen1 3 years ago

Now that is what I call a sexy case. Lian Li makes some fantastic ones, even if most of them cost a pretty penny.

rapid1 3 years ago

Yeah; Lian Li cases are nice to look at, but I would never pay the premium for one, at least if branded Lian Li.

resin 3 years ago

Beautiful. Just how much is something like this? Out of my price range I'm sure, but yeah this is what a case should look like IMO.

realneil 3 years ago

I really do prefer some of the CoolerMaster HAF (High Air Flow) offerings to this, although this is pretty, and has some advanced features too. Tongue Tied

Those three big blue 140mm fans are sexy out there in front, but will probably be noisy too. They will intake a lot of air, but only two smaller 120mm fans in back are supposed to get it all out of the case? This is suspect. While this case does exit heat near the top, it looks like it would have too much inside pressure. Lian Li has a great reputation, but maybe they're resting on their laurels with this case.

I prefer a case that has a better balance of fans and has one really large, or two 120mm exhaust fans on the top of the case. This is a more efficient and effective way to get heat out of a case because it works with convection, the natural occurrence of heat always rising.

Any fans blowing air out of the case should be on top, or near the top. and fans drawing air into the case should be mounted near the bottom of the case. In the opposite configuration, you exit heat out of the case down low, and it's sucked back into the case near the top, effectively stabilizing the inside air at higher temperatures that you really don't need.

Another thing about this case that seems weird to me is the optical drives are mounted on the two SIDES of the case and not in the front. This would not work for my computer stations.

Also, when you populate all of the interior HDD slots at the bottom, it effectively blocks two thirds of the bottom/front fan's airflow.

Oh, and one last thing,.........they cost way too much money, all of them do.

InfinityzeN1 3 years ago

Neil,

Have you seen their PC-P50R?  It has pretty much everything your looking for in the places your looking far, along with a sexy red interior paint job.

realneil 3 years ago

[quote user="InfinityzeN1"]Have you seen their PC-P50R?[/quote]

It's a great looking case for sure, but $269.00 is still a lot of money for a case. It does fit the bill for a superior design though.

The red LED's are a nice change too.

inspector 3 years ago

Hum, i for some reason disagree with all you :P lol. I just don't like slick cases such as this. it looks too sharp on edges. im more of a curved kind of guy :). Plus it looks weird how it is so tall but no wide enough on the sides. Most of their cases are like this but ya :). its all opinions.

MMcCutcheon 3 years ago

looks good..but i've been a coolermaster guy for awhile now, they make quality cases and psus.

realneil 3 years ago

[quote user="MMcCutcheon"]i've been a coolermaster guy for awhile now[/quote]

I agree,.....

mentaldisorder 3 years ago

This is a good looking case.  They seem to be trying to get the gamer market these days.

lifeskills 3 years ago

I like it.  Looks like some cool features, such as the video card holder.  I have to say that I like the tall, but narrow look.  I see the same thing in a lot of the Danger Den cases.

Jianb 3 years ago

I love Lian Li cases, I've done a number of builds, including a HAF 932 as well as some other Coolermaster and Thermaltake cases and while they are nice cases, the fit and finish does not compare to Lian Li's craftsmanship and it's not just the looks that sets them apart, the tool-less features are a joy to work with. My current case is a PC-P50R which I got for less than $200 Can. Trust me, if you don't understand why people would pay the premium for one of these cases, it's because you haven't built with one.

Just my two pennies worth

Peace out

realneil 3 years ago

[quote user="Jianb"]Just my two pennies worth[/quote]

Your 'two pennies worth' make a certain amount of cents, but even if I can see the obvious quality of this brand, the "pleasure of building" with one of them doesn't make them a slam dunk for those of us cleaving to a budget.

A $69.00 CoolerMaster case cools the crap out of whatever you stuff into them and still looks pretty good doing it. The extra $130.00 cost difference between the two of them can make for a nice video card upgrade, or mean the inclusion of a fast SSD to make the system much faster.

My $99.00 CoolerMaster Storm Sniper case is completely tool-less. (although I chose to screw down the Radeon 5850 Video Card anyway) I just changed the Motherboard, RAM, Power Supply, 120MM fans on the water cooled radiator, and should have the new GTX570 delivered this week to install. It has two 1TB HDD's in it now and will have a SSD next month. The i7-870 still performs admirably and will continue to be used for years. The other PC has the same ASRock P55-Pro motherboard, the same i7-870 CPU with a Corsair H50 water cooler, the same 8GB of DDR3-1600 Ripjaws RAM, and already has the SSD in it. It will be a few months for the GTX570 in the second one, but I can wait.

Here's a picture of it, completed yesterday, and while my cable management isn't Marco-grade, it's very functional and stays cool.