Install Vista SP1, Break Some Apps

Microsoft, we users had enough problems when you first released Windows Vista. Now on top of that you're telling us you're going to break some apps when Windows Vista SP1 releases? That's not going to win you any fans, we can tell you. After all, compatibility has been a big issue with Vista already.

Microsoft has published a list of programs that will not work or that will suffer from reduced functionality after the installation of Vista Service Pack 1.

The list of programs consists mostly of security applications, such as Trend Micro Internet Security 2008. However, programs such as The New York Times Reader application also feature on the list. Users are advised to install updates from the application vendor to fix the problem.

None of these are really big sellers, so the impact should be small.  However, as more users install SP1, will we see a rash of programs that are incompatible?  You might want to keep checking that service bulletin.

Via:  News.com
Tags:  Vista, App, Apps, install, SP1, TAL, EA, AP, K
Comments
entermymatrix03 6 years ago

And this wasn't expected? Didn't MS run into this same issue when they release SP1 for XP? I know they had a few issues with stuff not working but can't remember what it was off the top of my head.

werty316 6 years ago

Lets hope SP2 makes Vista what it should be or Microsoft is in a world of trouble.

peti1212 6 years ago

The only actual real good service pack that I saw from Microsoft was the SP2 for Windows XP. I never had any problems with that one and I actually loved the features that got added. Microsoft always lets us down with their genious updates and releases of new products.

recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

If I could play all the latest games on a non MS OS, I might be inclined to give up on windows lol!

I do believe they'll get things sorted out, but the question is:When will Vista be thee OS to run?

jtm55 6 years ago

Hi All,

I can't remember were I read this, but Microsoft has started work on a new Operating System. I believe it's to be called Windows 7.

werty316 6 years ago

Well I won't switch to Vista for a while since XP works just fine and I have no reason to use Vista.

A good time to use Vista is when XP is when no further support is given to XP.

I heard about Microsoft already starting to work on Windows 7 right after Vista and lets hope it isn't bad.

Kamrooz 6 years ago

Windows 7 has been in the works for a bit of time. It actually has a release date of 2009 >_<..Late 2009 that is. I'm curious on what it's going to offer...If it's even worth it? It'd be funny if vista turns out to be the ME of this generation =P..Although I doubt it. Will have to wait and see what Vista 7 brings to the table, but atm looks somewhat odd considering Vista is still quite new..(Well..atleast to me, guess I've been avoiding it like the plague for a while....lol).