Happy 4th Of July!

Happy 4th of July everyone!  It's Independence Day here in the United States, and that usually means a day filled with family, lots of food, and fun.  Be safe today, especially if you plan to mess with any fireworks, and enjoy the holiday.  And from all of us here at HotHardware, Happy 4th!

While we have your attention, don't forget to enter our Independence Day Sweepstakes.  There's still plenty of time left before we pick the winner.  Good Luck!

Via:  HotHardware
Tags:  fireworks, Happy, July 4
Comments
sackyhack 4 years ago

Right back at ya.  I'm visiting the parents, and every year the people in their subdivision pool their cash and setup a professional 30 minute fireworks show.  So we have the stuff in that video going off right above our house (thought obviously not quite to that scale).  It's amazing!

marco c 4 years ago

Nice! I grew up near an amusement park in Rye, NY and they put on a decent fireworks show every year. If the baby is still awake tonight, we may make the treck down to watch, after stuffing my face with hot-dogs and hamburgers, of course!

animatortom 4 years ago

Everybody stay safe!

Don't do anything that might end up on Youtube :D

lonewolf 4 years ago

I am heading to the Levee on the Mississippi river as they put on a good show with a mock air attack on the USS Kidd @ 5pm with the fireworks starting @ 9pm. Again everyone be safe those M80's can be a doozy!!

lifeskills 4 years ago

Great show in Portland over the Willamette River. Theres a blues festival downtown as well.

Happy 4th of July, everybody!

eunoia 4 years ago

Super Dave 4 years ago

Happy 4th Of July everybody! Take a look HERE at the funny commercial the Dodge Boys cooked up!Big Smile

realneil 4 years ago

[quote user="Super Dave"]Take a look HERE at the funny commercial the Dodge Boys cooked up![/quote]

That was cool!

inspector 4 years ago

:D, I went to the beach, then fishing with fireworks across the waters... the firework was so lame with out the explosion sound! :)

amdcrankitup 4 years ago

Happy 4th everyone.Be safe out there on the roads.LOL everyone around here must have a little xtra change i their pocket because I,ve been in my apartmant bout 4 years and never have I heard so many fireworks going off in this apartment complex as I did last night. It was something else, and Im talking about some big fireworks!!!LOUD!! and Colorful with an emphasis on LOUD!! Well  I guess considering the economy everyone needs to have a little fun and blow off some steam. Becarefull out there and have FUN!!YesBeer

AKwyn 4 years ago

lol @ Super Dave

I spent my 4th of July watching Fireworks from the Griffith Observatory. Sure I've seen fireworks before but I've never seen it go off all around the city.

realneil 4 years ago

[quote user="TaylorKarras"]watching Fireworks from the Griffith Observatory[/quote]

That would have been a blast. That place was always cool, but since they renovated it , it's even better.

Lots of fireworks here, until about 4 in the morning too. It drives my dogs nuts.

Chainzsaw 4 years ago

A day late, but hope everyone in the US had a great 4th :)

lifeskills 4 years ago

Hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th.  last night was my first time shooting fireworks, and looking back, I wish I would have gotten a little closer.  Heres my best shot.

eunoia 4 years ago

Long exposures and a tripod, I'm just figuring this out too, but we have a summer-long fireworks festival in Montreal so lots of chances to practice:

This is last Saturday:

lifeskills 4 years ago

nice shot.

Got a wired remote on the way to eliminate camera shake and to do time-lapses

realneil 4 years ago

I bought a wireless remote from EBAy for my Nikon and it was 6 bucks shipped! I couldn't believe the price and it works great.

lifeskills 4 years ago

thats a great price, what brand and model? I might still have need for a wired remote, and I like those numbers!

Go Spain!

thought Spain game was today.

Anyways I hope the Netherlands beat Uruguay, just cause they got so lucky with that handball!

realneil 4 years ago

[quote user="lifeskills"]thats a great price, what brand and model? [/quote]

They seem to be cheaper now,................see it here.

lifeskills 4 years ago

Just got my timer yesterday.  This thing is awesome.  It lets you take pictures at any interval until either the camera dies or the memory runs out.  Just tested it out my window:

I'm headed to Jackson Wyoming in about a week to go backpacking.  Taking my D90, this baby, 4 memory cards, and 4 batteries.  Hopefully get some awesome shots!

acarzt 4 years ago

Sounds like a blast. Be sure to post up some pics for us :-)

lifeskills 4 years ago

Will do.

Hopefully by the end of this contest!Wink

twistedfate 4 years ago

my hometown fireworks were pretty decent but not to die for. well for the person who lighting them it was almost.

acarzt 4 years ago