Hacker Figures Out How To Make ATM Spew Cash, Tells The World About It

In need of extra cash? Who isn't, right? If you're a smart hacker, you may be able to make a small fortune by simply tricking an ATM or two into spitting out money for you. We know that sounds crazy, and it certainly is, but it's true nonetheless. At the annual Black Hat conference -- where hackers and security experts gather to make public certain loopholes in order to encourage companies to fix them -- Barnaby Jack was able to demonstrate how he could trick an ATM into spitting out all of its cash, and more.

The hacker spent two full years perfecting the ruse, which applied to the ATMs found often in front of convenience stores. The goal was to find a way to take control of the ATM by "exploiting weaknesses in the computers that run the machines," but unlike malicious hackers, his goal was to make this information public so that companies making them would take notice and close up these holes for thieves to exploit.

His demonstration was one of the most widely viewed at the show, mostly because it affects a wide variety of ATMs and has the potential to really cause a lot of havoc. This is definitely an easy way to snatch cash -- far easier than robbing a bank -- and if this information fell into the wrong hands, it could really spell trouble. He was supposed to showcase this last year, but out of a fear that ATM makers couldn't close the loopholes in time, he delayed it until this year and spent the last 12 months finding even more holes.

He noticed that "the physical keys that came with his machines were the same for all ATMs of that type made by that manufacturer," so there's an easy way to get inside right there. Once you're in, he used the key to "unlock a compartment in the ATM that had standard USB slots. He inserted a program he had written into one of them, commanding the ATM to dump its vaults. — He hacked into the machines by exploiting weaknesses in the way ATM makers communicate with the machines over the Internet."

Follow the link below for the full report; it's definitely an interesting read.
Comments
acarzt 4 years ago

There is no link below :-( lol

My buddy used to work on these things.

He said you can easily make the machine thinks it's spitting out ones instead of $20s lol

Withdraw $20... and you'll get $400.

JFarmer 4 years ago

Where is the link????

fat78 4 years ago

quick start robbing atms before they change them

Inspector 4 years ago

"magically grabs the code, then runs over to an ATM..." lol that would be a great fast way to to grab a new build :D

realneil 4 years ago

I read about this elsewhere because there's no link here.

The guy tried to hide the manufacture's names and the exact method of cracking them, but two of the machines displayed logos on the screens anyway. He notified the manufacturers as to the vulnerabilities the machines have long ago, and updated code has already been applied to many of the ATM's throughout the country. Yes, he cracked them, but revealed it all responsibly too.

Cool Beans.

3vi1 4 years ago

I wonder how they could have hacked such a perfect system.

acarzt 4 years ago

lol looks like a pretty good security measure to me Evil.. in 7 days no one will be able to use that ATM at all.. let alone hack it! lol

inspector 4 years ago

lol 3vi1, what acarzt said :D. But looks like someone wasn't do their part of the job when putting this together... :)

animatortom 4 years ago

Love that pic...What is that, Playschools "My first ATM"?

John Conner was doing this back in the 90's, maybe this is how Skynet takes over:P

lonewolf 4 years ago

Good to see "Ethical Hacking"

Somebody get that man an application!!!!

acarzt 4 years ago

People do this kind of hacking all the time. It's just rare you actually hear about it :-P

realneil 4 years ago

@lonewolf: "Ethical Hacking"

The guy works for a computer security firm. He's uncovered many vulnerabilities in OS's and Browsers in the past. It's his day job.

He did this project at home, in his spare time, with his own money, then told the affected ATM makers far in advance, about how he did it without sharing his exact techniques with the world when he announced.

Sounds ethical to me.

digitaldd 4 years ago

Video links here

enjoy..

EmmaJurgens 5 months ago

Hello everyone. There is a new way of making cash, although it is illegal but also a smart and easy way of living big. I used to be a barrack boy until i became eager and decided to change my life one way or the other. I got opportuned to register for the militant amnesty through connection thereby taking me out of the country for training in the United States for a period of 2years. To cut the story short, during my training i made some white friends who were geeks and also experts at ATM repairs, programming and execution who taught me various tips and tricks about breaking into an ATM. with my knowledge gained from my white geek friends, i have been able to counterfeit and programm a blank ATM card using various tools and software. I have ready-made programmed ATM cards or if you want to learn you are also free to contact me. This is no scam. I am just 24, my family are in spain and i have cash, i have a car, i live in large and i travel all around the world. i do my things on a

lowkey to avoid suspicion. Some of you will wonder why i am

selling this out if truly i am already living large. It is because it is hard task doing it yourself, i wont lie to you, e no easy to hack ATM talk more of to reprogrammed the card alone. It takes days and sometimes weeks. Some of you will want the ready made card to avoid the stress of doing it yourself and i don’t give the ready made card out for free because i spent days trying to make it available for you. e-mail me. johnsiphas@gmail.com for more information, explanation and inquiries. Or make comments below NOTE: the ATM card has no pin, no registered account number. It has no limit for withdrawal and it is untraceable. You can collect money from any account just by typing the persons account number.

so contact me with my email: johnsiphas@gmail.com

EdwinWallace 3 months ago

Hello friend, i want to share my testimony on how i got my BLANK ATM card which have change my life today. i was once living on the street where by things were so hard for me, even to pay off my bills was very difficult for me i have to park off my apartment and start sleeping on the street of Vegas. i tried all i could do to secure a job but all went in vain because i was from the black side of America. so i decided to browse through on my phone for jobs online where i got an advert on Hackers advertising a Blank ATM card which can be used to hack any ATM Machine all over the world, i never thought this could be real because most advert on the internet are based on fraud, so i decided to give this a try and look where it will lead me to if it can change my life for good. i contacted this hackers and they told me they are from Australia and also they have branch all over the world in which they use in developing there ATM CARDS, this is real and not a scam it have help me out. to cut the story short this men who were geeks and also experts at ATM repairs, programming and execution who taught me various tips and tricks about breaking into an ATM Machine with a Blank ATM card.i applied for the Blank ATM card and it was delivered to me within 3 days and i did as i was told to and today my life have change from a street walker to my house, there is no ATM MACHINES this BLANK ATM CARD CANNOT penetrate into it because it have been programmed with various tools and software before it will be send to you. my life have really change and i want to share this to the world, i know this is illegal but also a smart way of living Big because the government cannot help us so we have to help our self. if you also want this BLANK ATM CARD i want you to contact the Hackers email on romaniaw8@gmail.com and you life will never remain the same email romaniaw8@gmail.com

EdwinWallace 3 months ago

SantoChampion 3 months ago

MiracleBrownCole 3 months ago

BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS....It all depends on how fast you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) Every now and then I keeping pumping money into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect you..For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on : (mrgonzalex@yahoo.com). Tell your loved once too, and start to live large. That's the simple testimony of how my life changed for good...Love you all ...the email address again is ;mrgonzalex@yahoo.com

adekule one month ago

Hello friend, i want to share my testimony on how i got my BLANK ATM card which have change my life today. i was once living on the street where by things were so hard for me, even to pay off my bills was very difficult for me i have to park off my apartment and start sleeping on the street of Vegas. i tried all i could do to secure a job but all went in vain because i was from the black side of America. so i decided to browse through on my phone for jobs online where i got an advert on Hackers advertising a Blank ATM card which can be used to hack any ATM Machine all over the world, i never thought this could be real because most advert on the internet are based on fraud, so i decided to give this a try and look where it will lead me to if it can change my life for good. i contacted this hackers and they told me they are from Australia and also they have branch all over the world in which they use in developing there ATM CARDS, this is real and not a scam it have help me out. to cut the story short this men who were geeks and also experts at ATM repairs, programming and execution who taught me various tips and tricks about breaking into an ATM Machine with a Blank ATM card.i applied for the Blank ATM card and it was delivered to me within 3 days and i did as i was told to and today my life have change from a street walker to my house, there is no ATM MACHINES this BLANK ATM CARD CANNOT penetrate into it because it have been programmed with various tools and software before it will be send to you. my life have really change and i want to share this to the world, i know this is illegal but also a smart way of living Big because the government cannot help us so we have to help our self. if you also want this BLANK ATM CARD i want you to contact the Hackers email on adekulec@gmail.com and you life will never remain the same email adekulec@gmail.com

George Smith 4 days ago

Hello friend, i want to share my testimony on how i got my BLANK ATM card which have change my life today. i was once living on the street where by things were so hard for me, even to pay off my bills was very difficult for me i have to park off my apartment and start sleeping on the street of Vegas. i tried all i could do to secure a job but all went in vain because i was from the black side of America. so i decided to browse through on my phone for jobs online where i got an advert on Hackers advertising a Blank ATM card which can be used to hack any ATM Machine all over the world, i never thought this could be real because most advert on the internet are based on fraud, so i decided to give this a try and look where it will lead me to if it can change my life for good. i contacted this hackers and they told me they are from Australia and also they have branch all over the world in which they use in developing there ATM CARDS, this is real and not a scam it have help me out. to cut the story short this men who were geeks and also experts at ATM repairs, programming and execution who taught me various tips and tricks about breaking into an ATM Machine with a Blank ATM card.i applied for the Blank ATM card and it was delivered to me within 3 days and i did as i was told to and today my life have change from a street walker to my house, there is no ATM MACHINES this BLANK ATM CARD CANNOT penetrate into it because it have been programmed with various tools and software before it will be send to you. my life have really change and i want to share this to the world, i know this is illegal but also a smart way of living Big because the government cannot help us so we have to help our self. if you also want this BLANK ATM CARD i want you to contact the Hackers email on ANDREWMODRIC@OUTLOOK.COM and you life will never remain the same email ANDREWMODRIC@OUTLOOK.COM

EMAIL .. ANDREWMODRIC@OUTLOOK.COM .. TO HAVE YOURS..

Testimonies everywhere about this blank ATM cards.....Then one will ask ,does it really work as they claimed? YES IT WORKS..Although I'm talking based on the experience i had with WISDOMTECH of " wisdomtechatmhackers@gmail.com" ,i actually don't know of others.My name is FELICIA from canada.I was into debt for a longtime,that it kept adding up each day. I borrowed money from bank to do business,unfortunately for me,my business went down without me being able to raised the money i borrowed. The only housing property i have was astake,because it was my collateral .It was when i complained to my friend TRACY KINGS ,that i got to know about this blank ATM card. She told me of how her husband and her have been making use of it even until date...She told me not to worry anymore and there she linked me up with WISDIMTECH the card programmer. I got his email and i did emailed him,requesting for the card,and in less than 3days the card was delivered to me without stress.I know you will need it to make your life sweet and to have a great holiday even in this season.The address you can reach WISDOMTECH with is widomtechatmhackers@gmail.com .......You can also give this information out to your friends as gift in this season...Wishing you a merry xmas and a prosperous new year.

Mobil Oil 4 hours ago

GET THE BLANK ATM CARD AND BECOME RICH

EEXPART TECH of the email address. (exparthackers@hotmail.com) its at it again! Cool way to have financial freedom!!! Are you tired of living a poor life,thwisdomtechatmhackers@gmen here is the opportunity you have been waiting for. Get the new ATM BLANK CARD that can hack any ATM MACHINE and withdraw money from any account. You do not require anybody's account number before you can use it. Although you and I knows that its illegal,there is no risk using it. It has SPECIAL FEATURES, that makes the machine unable to detect this very card,and its transaction is can't be traced . You can use it anywhere in the world. With this card,you can withdraw nothing less than $50,000 in a day. So to get the card,reach the hackers via email address :exparthackers@hotmail.com. or call +2348103582776

CONTACT EXPARTHACKERS@HOTMAIL.COM TO GET YOURS NOW.....