Google Updates Music Manager Desktop, Lets You Download All Uploaded Songs

Last year, Google launched the Google Music service which lets you upload as many as 20,000 songs. You can also purchase songs through the service. The songs purchased through the service could then be downloaded to a PC. As for the songs you uploaded on your own, well, they were stuck in the cloud—until now.

Thanks to a new update to Google’s Music Manager desktop application, you can now download your entire cloud-synced music library, including uploaded and purchased music. With this announcement, Google has made it possible for the Google Music service to serve as a full backup solution for your music collection.

In addition to letting you download your entire Google Music library, the update to the Music Manager desktop application also lets you share the official YouTube video for a Google Music song on Google+.

Via:  Google Plus
Comments
cowboyspace 2 years ago

cool, So let me see if i understood. Google music manager desktop didn't allow you download your own songs that you upload before the update, and now you can. So can you sync those songs that are in the cloud to your smartphone?

LLeCompte 2 years ago

No, google music let you download your music, just you had to do it one at a time. Now its allowing you to download everything you upload all at once. Pretty awesome. its basically a free cloud back up of all your music.

dangerrenegade 2 years ago

Perhaps it's time I upload my 88GB of FLACs there. Too bad they only stream at 256kbps converted!

cowboyspace 2 years ago

LLeCompt thanks you, sometimes It is hard for me to undestand what is said in english to spanish but you gave me a good description which was easier for me to understand :)

omegadoom13 2 years ago

Very cool! Free hard drive in the cloud for all my music! This is good news for people who don't want to purchase a second hard drive just to store their music files. A great way to save money!

digitaldd 2 years ago

Essentially what Amazon MP3 was offering I think. The last update to the Google Music manager software allowed you to download purchased (including free) music to your library this brings it full circle. FWIW: I have issues with the way it tagged a lot of my collection, it put over 1000 songs in an unknown album but each of those songs is properly tagged with the album and when i go to edit song info and click update without changing anything it grabs album art and saves it properly. No idea why this happened.