Garmin Releases Screenshots of nüvifone

It’s been nearly a year since Garmin announced the nüvifone. And while the phone still isn’t out, Garmin is providing us with a nice handful of screen shots, perhaps as a final sneak peek before CES. If you’ll recall, the nüvifone is Garmin’s first combination GPS/phone device. Commercials such as the one below have definitely gotten us excited about the device, but we have to admit, we’re growing a bit impatient.

Hopefully these new screenshots mean that the nüvifone is one step closer to a final release.

Home

Google Local

Web Broswer

Calendar

Navigation

For the rest of the screenshots, go here.

Via:  Garmin
Comments
jeffb 5 years ago

Damn, that's a sweet looking phone. Ever since I got my Nuvi 205W, I've done nothing but rave about it. I use it all the time and was even able to find my property link markers using Longitude and Latitude coordinates. To have the features rolled into a sleek phone is even better. Definitely keeping this one on my radar.

tanka12345 5 years ago

Looks like a phone with alot of features! Although if its ever released here, mobile data will cost a fortune!

bob_on_the_cob 5 years ago

Looks very clean. Can't wait to see some more about it. I need a new phone.

David McElroy 5 years ago

What exactly does this thing do that is revolutionary? I've seen the screenshots and watched the video and read other things about the phone, but I don't see anything that other platforms aren't doing. If this had come out two years ago, it would have been revolutionary. As it is, it just looks like another attempt at chasing the iPhone and similar devices.

bob_on_the_cob 5 years ago

[quote user="David McElroy"]

I think its more Evolutionary than anything else. Looks like a cool device and turn by turn GPS is something the iPhone does not have.

infinitewill 5 years ago

One very obvious revolutionary function is that is has an actual GPS which means you don't have to be within cell phone range to use it. The GPS function from Goggle Maps are useless unless you are able to connect to a network. Try that while driving anywhere outside of a major city.