G.Skill Launches 48GB DDR3-1900 Kit For EVGA Classified SR-2

G.Skill Launches the Ultimate Workstation Memory Kit Exclusively for EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2) motherboard:

12 hand-picked, hand-tested DIMMs, 48GB of ultra-high capacity at 1,900MHz, CL8.

Taipei, Taiwan - G.Skill International Co. Ltd., manufacturer of extreme performance memory and solid-state storage with solid quality, has today released the world’s only hand-picked, hand-tested, ultra-high capacity DDR3 memory kit for workstations: 48GB (4GBx12) of 1,900MHz CL8 1.65V with G.Skill's popular Ripjaws series heatsink.

Designed exclusively for EVGA’s best in class Super Record 2 (SR-2) motherboard, which features dual Intel Xeon LGA1366 CPU sockets and 12 DDR3 memory slots, G.Skill has been able to match its masterpiece of 48GB DDR3 precisely to this board, making it performance for performance-hungry workstation users. Furthermore, based on G.Skill lab’s internal test results, advanced users capable of understanding sophisticated BIOS adjustments will be able to reach 2,000MHz CL8 with the G.Skill Ripjaws 48GB DDR3 kit.

Combed with the Intel Xeons 4-6 cores CPUs and EVGA’s support for Nvidia's 4 way SLI technology, G.Skill’s DDR3 48GB (4GBx12) 1,900MHz CL8 Ripjaws is the best memory solution for building the ultimate super-computer for applications such as 3D rendering, data modeling, scientific research and other professional applications.

48GB 1,900MHz CL8 hits the upper limits of DDR3 technology for Intel's Xeon CPUs, and as such, all G.Skill 48GB DDR3 kits are 100% hand-tested by G.Skill's most senior R&D team to ensure the best stability, reliability, compatibility and performance. The 48GB Ripjaws will be available at G.Skill’s retail partners worldwide in August, or contact G.Skill directly. Stay tuned for the latest news about further developments in ultra-high capacity kits at www.gskill.com.

Via:  G.Skill
Tags:  memory, RAM, DDR3, G.Skill, SR2, 48GB
Comments
fat78 4 years ago

lol sick

wil2200 4 years ago

Finally! The computing power I need to check emails and write up some documents.

lonewolf 4 years ago

Sick indeed!!!!!

AKwyn 4 years ago

That's sick but who needs 48GB's when we can barely use up our 4GBs of RAM?

mrbrownsound 4 years ago

lol I really would love to see a Post of the work of the kinds of people that would need 48 GB's of memory. 12 GB ok I understand applications are getting more cumbersome in memory usage, but 48! Now I'm sure this is needed by people out there. I would just like to know what kind of people or professions?

LiquidPZA 4 years ago

I'm a 3d animator currently running a couple of i7 980x rigs with 24GB of ram and I max out the 24 gigs nearly every day on my more complex scenes. When it comes to high end 3d animation, almost no amount of ram is overkill. Crysis is still a slideshow though.

acarzt 4 years ago

Got any examples of these animations that are tearing through that ram? :-P

I'm curious to see what taking up so much ram lol

animatortom 4 years ago

Yeah that's the problem I run into. When My scenes get ready for rendering it takes forever...SO I kinda have to plan it over a couple weeks rendering only a few frames over the night :(

And i am just rendering SSD Shaded characters with Mental Ray maps on the scenery, I would hate to see what it does whit a photorealistic shot combined with a VUE background I can barely have Caustics and FG turned upTongue Tied

LiberMortis one year ago

3D animators, Game animators, and program designers bro, need all we can get xD

inspector 4 years ago

@wil2200, no solitaire?

Well, you can now render 100 3D models at once :P lol. theres never enough RAM!

acarzt 4 years ago

Wow... that's a lot of ram.

You could build a sick system with this hardware.... stick it in a closet and setup virualization and have multiple gaming systems in your house running from 1 box.

Host some LAN parties maybe?

AKwyn 4 years ago

acarzt, I don't know. I think the memory only stores temporary files. If you do host a mobile LAN party, shouldn't you have like a GPU and a CPU that can provide equivalent graphics and performance to nearly every computer in the house (for modern games).

acarzt 4 years ago

Well I wasn't thinking the ram alone lol

I was stating to build a system using this ram and that EVGA board, a pair of sick intel chips, and 4 GTX480s.

That would be enough to spread some gaming love across a few computers.

Also how do you think things like On Live run? There isn't a dedicated system to each user in some remote location. They are using similar hardware in a huge server farm and capping graphics to keep resource usage down.

The huge amount of RAM and the high speed would be perfect for virtualization since that is where the virtual system is stored... in the RAM. :-)

inspector 4 years ago

More like, build the sick system then keep it all to your self at a lan party...! lol selfish me...

realneil 4 years ago

It's a marvelous tribute to excess.

a750gixr 4 years ago

Graphic Artists, People who do c.g.i. for movies who need to render and don't want to wait for 30mins to an hour to see how the final product looks, this would be a awesome system.

If you want an idea of who would use the system, I think there might be some old you tube videos of Adobe Inc. During the Intel Core i7 launch they commented on processor speeds helping them do work. I would also think people in the science and engineering fields who could use all that power to crunch huge numbers fast to prove a theory.

slugbug 4 years ago

The ultimate E-Peen rig.

MRFS 4 years ago

Ramdisks!

MRFS

acarzt 4 years ago

Ramdisks are cool and all... but the major drawback is that they are volatile memory.

The moment you lose power, you lose everything.

And yes there is the option to save whatever is in ramdisk to hard drive... but then you are bottlenecked at startup and shut down by the speed of your HDD or SSD.

Loading up 12GBs of data to a Ramdisk on boot would be reidiculous!

Also, most ram does not have error checking, and RAM is far more prone to have errors, so this too would be a problem.

Chainzsaw 4 years ago

@MRFS

Damn you beat me to it. The only thing that sucks about RAMdisks is that it always needs power so the memory doesn't get wiped out when the power goes out.

Kyouya 4 years ago

the only reason I could think that you would need 48 gigs of ram is if you are running a massive server.

fat78 4 years ago

hook up 4 5980s to this motherboard.

acarzt 4 years ago

Why stop there fat? Might as well through on a few of those Asus Ares cards too ;-)

Inspector 4 years ago

LOL just get everything you can get your hands on and throw it in there... it will handle it like a BEAST! :P. But i don't see why anyone would really need that :D

realneil 4 years ago

"just get everything you can get your hands on and throw it in there... it will handle it like a BEAST!"

And all with a 350 Watt power supply too,.........

fat78 4 years ago

You must be blind inspector if you dont see why some one needs 48gb ram, 2 i7s ,a killer mother board, and 4 5970s.

I need this system so i can say i have this.

acarzt 4 years ago

I need it so I can conquer the world... err I mean bring world peace :-)

Inspector 4 years ago

Lets all kiss up to acarzt for now, when he conquers the world... i meant brings world peace we might get some where in our life :).

Fat, And that is all you would ever get :)

acarzt 4 years ago

Yes... do that... it sounds like a great idea lol

slugbug 4 years ago

I think you mean 2 Xeon's. The EVGA SR-2 doesn't support Core i7.

acarzt 4 years ago

I beleive he means seperate systems, both with i7 980x's

realneil 4 years ago

[quote user="fat78"]

hook up 4 5980s to this motherboard.

No, just one GT240 1-GB will do it.

Blazer 4 years ago

I want.

hehe

animatortom 4 years ago

I tell you who needs it and who wants it! MEEE!!!....

This is what a workstation is supposed to be! I get locked up with only 4GB's of RAM!!

4GB is the lowest you should go..Hell this kit needs to be 8GB X12!! That would be a perfect match for two Xenons! Then maybe just top it off with Dual Quadro 6000's and a Tesla c1060!

That would be perfect, if price was no option! I am sure the MoBo and CPU's are a pretty penny to begin with!

fat78 4 years ago