Four-Way SSD Round-Up, OCZ, Super Talent, Mtron

Solid State Drive technology is set to turn the storage industry on its ear; there is little doubt of this.  When you consider the intrinsic benefits of anything built on solid state technology versus anything mechanical, it doesn't take a degree in physics to understand the obvious advantages.

On the following pages, we thought we'd level-set the features, performance and pricing landscape for you with respect to the current state of SSDs.  Today, we have a look at four different SSD offerings, two from OCZ, one from Mtron and another from Super Talent.  Is a Solid State Disk in your future?  We'll try to help you answer that question in this full performance evaluation and showcase.

Comments
AjayD 6 years ago

I have to say, I expected a far more pronounced difference between the SSDs power consumption and that of the VelociRaptor. Considering the minuscule difference in power consumption, I would assume that the operating temperatures are also fairly similar.

Nice Round-Up HH. I am really looking forward to seeing how the new 256GB Samsung MLC SSD and Intel's upcoming offerings perform.

Dave_HH 6 years ago

[quote user="AjayD"]

Thanks dudes!  Big Smile  Stick around over the next few days!  More exciting stuff coming in this space from a BIG NAME player.  Wink

bob_on_the_cob 6 years ago

Sounds like you have something up your sleeve.

warlord 6 years ago

I can't wait to see whats in store Big Smile

warlord 6 years ago

I am glad to see ssd starting to finally come to the forefront

Super Dave 6 years ago

That's a great review, guys.Yes I have been looking forward to reading this article and you haven't let me down!Big Smile As SSD prices drop I would very much like to see the manufacturers drop something else: the mail-in rebate scam. But thanks again for the comparo!

MMC 6 years ago

Nice for a notebook 32gb or netbook perhaps ... but I guess I cannot see myself building my 4TB HD media server/PVR using them in a raid set could buy a house for less in some areas.

bob_on_the_cob 6 years ago

Yeah but price will come down. They are selling it to the rich to fund development. We will get the rewards in the end.

warlord 6 years ago

[quote user="bob_on_the_cob"]

Very true. I remember my first hd. It was a quantem fireball 1.2 gb ...I think i paid $175 for it. Prices sound familiar?

Super Dave 6 years ago

[quote user="MMC"]

Not too sure I would want to live there, but HEY, welcome to HotHardware, MMC! We are happy to have you join us!Yes So where are you posting from?

Dave_HH 6 years ago

Heya MMC and welcome!

Yeah, they're still a bit pricey but it's only a matter of time before they get in line competing technology.