Diablo III: Reaper of Souls: Better, Faster, More Fun

In about six weeks, Blizzard will launch Reaper of Souls, the first expansion pack for Diablo 3. I've spent the last few weeks playing in the beta for RoS, and while I normally hold an article this extensive for a launch, there's enough locked-in differences to be worth discussing at this stage.

This new expansion comes with the usual slew of goodies -- a new Act for the game, new quests, a new enchanting ability, and a new skill for each existing class, as well as a new Crusader class to experiment with. All of this falls into the "expected" category. What's more important about Reaper of Souls is that it makes core changes to the way Diablo III feels and plays, changes that, in aggregate, have made the game a great deal more fun...

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls: Better, Faster, More Fun

Via:  HotHardware
Comments
PengTuckKwok 9 months ago

Also you'll notice the skill changes:

You can basically pick up skills and talents for your class to make up or supplant your gear or play style (like lack of healing or regen) and the talents work pretty well. Plus no penalty to skill swapping.

Joel H 9 months ago

Yes. Nuking the skill-swap timer was a very good move.

AlbertoGarcaAlcolea 8 months ago

great job, I could try expanding on a friend's computer, since mine is broken and the work has been spectacular.

An act with great content, length, and with new mechanics, enemies, abilities, items.

At last they have given us a Diablo 3 honoring the saga.

I hope to get a team soon to continue playing it.

shadowphaxe 3 months ago

If I see a deal for Diablo III, I might actually try and pick it up now. The AH was a huge turn off for me and if they increased loot rates as well, it might actually be fun.

StaticFX 3 months ago

[quote user="shadowphaxe"]

RoS has been out for months now, and a new patch (2.1) is currently in testing on the PTR.. if you like Diablo, RoS is what should have been released originally. Its much more fun, its a bit harder to get what you want (instead of just buying it)... and replay is quite good. Then with the new changes coming it will be even better.

only downfall is the trading, only way to trade is if the person is in the game with you when the legendary item drops... otherwise, account bound. But still fun. Ladders (seasons) are coming along with legendary gems... its worth the money now

shadowphaxe 3 months ago

Yeah. After seeing this, they pretty much fixed everything I hated about it to start. Just need to find a good deal for it because paying $40 a piece just isn't worth it to me.