Dell Teases Adamo XPS: A 9.99mm-Thin Notebook

There isn't much to go on yet, but Dell's still-young Adamo lineup is about to grow by 1. Or by 9.99, depending on what measure you're looking at. Just a few months after Dell introduced the standard Adamo--which was amazingly sleek and thin in its right--the company has now confessed that another Adamo is on the way.

The Adamo XPS, as it will be called, hints at high performance and slim size, with a chassis that measures just 9.99mm thick. The tease was timed to launch on 9/9/09, though Dell won't say when this beauty will be fully revealed and shipped. Those interested in signing up for future details can visit the teaser page and input their e-mail address, but we would assume something this slick will cost quite a bit.

Via:  Dell
Comments
Kyouya 5 years ago

Are corporations going to start making laptops to the point that we can break it in half like a toothpick? This is getting ridiculous.

kid007 5 years ago

actually is not is all about lightweight and style. this push the design barrier to a new level. look back 4-5 years ago laptop were more heavier than your bookbag from high school. lets face this is actually fun. because with a new design it means that the hardware has to be lightweight and resistent to what? yes brother to people dropping them to the floor.

bob_on_the_cob 5 years ago

[quote user="kid007"]resistent to what? yes brother to people dropping them to the floor.[/quote]
I dropped my netbook down 3 wood stairs. Only thing that died was the hard drive. Put a USB stick in and booted off it and everything worked fine. This was a while back.

Super Dave 5 years ago

At just under .4 inches thick that thing is thin! I'm sure it will cost a fortune, and I could never afford it, but I really want to see it!

aybabtu 5 years ago

Just the thing for the kids to lose under the couch. I had to get a thicker cell phone because they kept sticking mine through the slots in the heater vents. I can only imagine what they will do with a notebook less than half an inch thick.

shawn.o 5 years ago

What'll be crazy is when the VGA and Ethernet ports become thicker than devices.

Eventually USB ports will even have to slim down!

recoveringknowitall 5 years ago