Dell Quietly Introduces UltraSharp 2408WFP LCD

Today Dell quietly introduced the new UltraSharp 2408WFP 24" widescreen flat panel display, as you can see it is already available for sale on Dell’s site.  Like the 3008WFP we evaluated here, the 2408WFP supports DisplayPort connectivity which will become increasingly more common as the next generation of graphics cards roll in.  DisplayPort isn’t the only connectivity option with this monitor, however, as is evident in the picture below...

The 2408WFP's input options

The Dell 2408WFP features HDMI, DVI, VGA, component, S-Video and composite video connections, in addition to a 9-in-2 media card reader and 4-port USB hub.

Dell's UltraSharp 2408WFP Display

According to the monitor’s specifications, it features a 6ms response time, a 3000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 1920x1200 native resolution, and TrueColor technology with 110% color gamut.  As of today, the 2408WFP is available in the United States for $699, which happens to be the same price as the previous model it replaces.  Stay tuned for a full review here on HotHardware in the not-too-distant future.

Via:  Dell
Tags:  Dell, LCD, CES, CD, Sharp, Ultra, ui, RAS, UltraSharp, LC, ULT, Asha, IE, Intro, AR
Comments
recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

Beautiful monitor!

jtm55 6 years ago

Hi All,

Agreed!

31415bob 6 years ago
I like the fact that the market of 24 inch displays is finally maturing. I maybe a year more it would really be with it to get something like this as a TV
Lionel Menchaca 6 years ago
31415bob: I've been running the previous-generation Dell 24" monitor (the 2407WFP) as a TV and it rocks.

I'm running Vista with a Vbox 150 OTA HD tuner and it looks great at 1920x1200. This new one has better specs (better color depth, response time, contrast ratio, and connectivity) than mine does for less than I paid.

In other words, I think it's a pretty good bet.

Thanks,

Lionel Menchaca
www.direct2dell.com
ice91785 6 years ago
These guys are definately great monitors -- the only drawback is they are so expensive!! I guess you get what you pay for though hm??

Haha, I am still waiting on my monitor to come back from repair -- its been a month and a half so far :( :(
Kamrooz 6 years ago

TN Panel, but still a great considering the amount of connectivity. =D...Damn that's a lot of input =P.

Edit- NVM, it's PVA. I was thinking of that new flashly looking dell monitor which costs around a grand but isn't worth it....TN panel in that one..lol

recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

Just imagine Crysis spanning across 3 of those bad boys!!!

See Crysis running on 3 24" monitors here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBFMvc_K1-w

Kamrooz 6 years ago

lol. Overkill if you ask me. Can you notice that the monitors aren't synced in terms of response time?..lol.

I'd just prefer one nice large 30 inch ^_^. With a dual card solution or one high end. Or a sexy Sony FW900 CRT (My next monitor ^_^).

recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

[quote user="Kamrooz"]monitors aren't synced in terms of response time[/quote]

Yeah... pretty hard to miss.

My ultimate solution would be the biggest 1080p TV available with 120hz refresh rate!

BTW:That Sony wide CRT is nice... 160hz refresh is very nice!!!

Kamrooz 6 years ago

^.^ Personally, I hate LCD technology. It has WAYYYY too many faults. Input lag, response time, crushing blacks, inaccurate colors, ghosting, viewing angles, very low refresh rates, etc. I could go on...Personally, I believe LCD to be the transitional product to true flatscreen displays, such as FED and OLED. I'm DYING for FED, Basically a CRT in a flat panel form. capable of 240 HZ. Talk about sexy ^_^. Much brighter than LCD's, capable of true blacks, and at 240 hz, literally damn close to being able to deliver realistic looking video. OLED is also going to be damn good. Overall, 2 years down the road, display technology is going to be exciting. I'm just gonna bab a FW900 and hopefully have it last me long enough till FED and OLED. I'm skipping LCD..count me out on that,