Corsair Introduces Hydro Series H70 CPU Cooler

Corsair introduced the Corsair Hydro Series H70 ultra-performance CPU cooler. Designed to cool CPUs from Intel and AMD, the Hydro Series H70 comes with several upgrades from its predecessor, the Hydro Series H50. Some of these upgrades include two 120mm speed-switchable cooling fans in a push-pull configuration, a double-thickness (50mm) radiator, and a more efficient pump/cold plate unit. The Hydro Series H70 is a sealed and pre-filled unit so you'll get the benefits of water cooling without any maintenance.

Corsair Launches Hydro Series H70 CPU Cooler

– Builds on success of the award-winning H50 by improving airflow,
water block, and heat dissipation capacity –

Fremont, California — August 4, 2010 — Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the Corsair Hydro Series™ H70 ultra-performance CPU cooler. This CPU cooler is designed to provide an extremely efficient cooling solution for CPUs from Intel® and AMD.

The Hydro Series H70 CPU cooler is an evolution of the award-winning Hydro Series H50, with several significant upgrades that enable it to deliver even greater cooling performance. These upgrades include a double-thickness (50mm) radiator with higher heat-exchanging capacity and a pump/cold plate unit with increased efficiency. The H70 also features two 120mm speed-switchable cooling fans in a push-pull configuration to provide increased airflow at low noise levels.

“Thanks to the H70, you no longer need a fin array the size of a small shoebox to cool aggressively overclocked CPUs,” stated John Beekley, VP of Technical Marketing at Corsair. “The H70 stands toe-to-toe with any CPU cooler on the market, and does it with less noise, easier installation, and support of nearly every ATX-compatible case.”

Like the wildly popular H50, the Hydro Series H70 provides the benefits of water cooling in a sealed and pre-filled unit, with no maintenance required. The low profile cold plate is extremely space efficient, and is very low in mass compared to heat pipe based solutions, putting less stress on the system’s motherboard. The H70 includes mounting hardware for most common AMD and Intel CPUs, and, unlike some competitive CPU coolers, includes all necessary fans for high performance operation.

The Corsair Hydro Series H70 CPU Cooler is available immediately from Corsair’s worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. It is supplied with a two year warranty, and is backed by Corsair’s legendary customer service and technical support.

Via:  Corsair
Comments
acarzt 4 years ago

Man.... that thing with fans and all will be THICK. I wonder how heavy it will be?

And will mounting it be an issue?

der meister 4 years ago

Very nice solution for people who want the benefits of water with out the big costs of the custom loops. A big improvement from air coolers around the same price, and much more silent

inspector 4 years ago

Liking the cooler. water cooling but with out having to spend a kidney on a whole loop that you might not even need :).

Schmich 4 years ago

I don't get where the pump is or the electrical input Oo

animatortom 4 years ago

Thats nice! I really like the new LowPo style!

I wonder how this will compare to the 550LC?

Now it just needs a little Ship hood ornament on the radiator:)

lifeskills 4 years ago

Schmich, If i'm correct, the pump is above the cpu block, at least thats how the h50 was.

I was thinking of getting another h50, I wonder if this will drive the price down. Although, it might be a good idea to pick one of these up.

They say that you no longer need a fin array the size of a small shoebox, yet my H50 in push/pull actually takes up quite a bit of space. I would imagine that the H70, with its widened radiator, takes up about as much space as most after-market coolers.

That being said, I love the new pump/block design, it looks really sleek.

acarzt 4 years ago

yea, the pump is without a doubt on top of the heatsink.

fat78 4 years ago

Did corsair change the water pipes? they dont look as stiff as the h50.

fat78 4 years ago

I have a idea for a cpu cooler, we start making diamond heat sinks. i have heard they have fantastic heat conduction.lol  cpu coolers for the extreme overclockers.

And already got the slogan worked out "cooling for nerds that will never get laid because they decide to make heat sinks out of diamonds instead of jewelry."

acarzt 4 years ago

I don't think diamonds would make very good coolers lol

They resist heat and stay cool... but I don't think it would be able to tranfer and dissipate heat off a CPU.

a750gixr 4 years ago

According to the Article they are supposed to be available, but I can't seem to find one to buy yet! It would really be nice to have so I can finally put my fan back in on my Cosmos S case! Right now the Noctura I have is too big to put the door on unless you remove the fan in the case...