Corsair Dominator TWIN3X2048-1800C7DFIN G

Just in case you jumped right down to the news this afternoon, we’re popping in to let you all know that we’ve just posted a new article here at HotHardware in which we evaluate the features, performance, and overclockability of Corsair's current flagship Dominator TWIN3X2048-1800C7DFIN G DDR3-1800 memory kit.  As its name implies, this 2GB (2 x 1GB) memory kit is rated for operation at 1800MHz with a CAS latency of 7.  But it is also one of a select few memory kits to support Intel’s Extreme Memory Profiles, or XMP.  And it turned out to be a heck of an overclocker too. Click the link below and check it out...

Corsair Dominator TWIN3X2048-1800C7DFIN G Kit
Via:  HotHardware
Tags:  Corsair, C7, X2, Dominator, 7D, Win, air, rsa, NATO, NAT, 180, Tor, AI, N3
Comments
recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

As always your benchmarks are thorough and comprehensive.

I wonder how much faster this ram is than DDR2 @ 800/1066 in a realworld scenario... in other words if all things were equal(except of course the chipset and ram)would I really be able to notice a difference?

jtm55 6 years ago

Hi All

IMHO not enough to write home about.

Marco C 6 years ago
You can see DDR2 vs. DDR3 performance in this article:

And not enough to write home about? :) 2GHz memory speed with nothing more than a bump in voltage...that's no joke...
recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

[quote user="BigWop"]2GHz memory speed with nothing more than a bump in voltage...that's no joke...[/quote]

I agree and benches are nice, but will there be a tangible benefit for a gamer? I realize that's a pretty general question. My next board purchase will no doubt contain an X38 chipset and I'm debating between a DDR3 cappable model or 1 that supports DDR2 in which case I can simply slap the ram I already have in there.

jtm55 6 years ago

Hi All,

Fair enough.

werty316 6 years ago

Talk about one sweet memory kit, great job on the reivew.

BiteMe1MoreTime 6 years ago

I'd darn near kill to get my hands on a set of this stuff to replace my current DDR3, that Crosair clocks like a MoFo..............Stick out tongue