Corsair Advances Speed Grades on DDR2 and DDR3

CORSAIR ADVANCES SPEED GRADES ON DDR2 AND DDR3 DRAM PRODUCT LINES
Patented DHX (Dual-Path Heat Xchange) Technology Delivers Record-Breaking Speeds

Fremont, CA, February 19th, 2008
– Corsair® www.corsair.com, a worldwide leader in high performance computer and flash memory products, announced today that new record breaking speeds have been achieved within the Corsair DDR2 and DDR3 lines of DRAM memory.

Maximum Performance & Extreme Over-Clocking for Demanding Gaming Enthusiasts

Available by the end of February, two new Corsair 4GB DDR2 module speed grades are being offered for high-performance enthusiast users: Corsair 1066MHz (PC2-8500) and 1142MHz (PC2-9136) 4GB memory kits (2X2GB). The new memory modules utilize Corsair’s patented DHX technology, which employs a specially designed quadruple heat sink to dissipate heat through both convection and conductive methods. The results are maximum performance and extreme over-clocking capability for the demanding gaming enthusiast.

“Pushing the limits of new memory technologies, architectures and densities is what Corsair is known for,” said Jack Peterson, VP of Corporate Marketing at Corsair. “These latest announcements will clearly impress our highly demanding enthusiast customers, as well as push Corsair even farther into the lead as the world’s fastest memory solutions manufacturer,” added Peterson.

Recent next generation platform testing using the latest DDR3 technologies, highest density DRAM parts, as well as Corsair DHX cooling solutions has proven that memory modules with performance speeds reaching over 2000MHz (PC3-16000) are now ready for production. The modules operate at faster memory bus speeds than currently available 1800MHz solutions ...
Via:  Corsair
Tags:  DDR, DDR2, Corsair, CES, DDR3, Speed, air, rsa, AI, and
Comments
recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

DDR3 @ 2000mhz with tight timings would be very nice indeed... if only I had an extra arm and leg!

jtm55 6 years ago

Hi All,

You & me both!

ice91785 6 years ago
I wonder...with those freq. what kind of voltages need to be shot through them....not to mention then that you may actually NEED active cooling on your RAM!! Haha, still makes me want em either way........
recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

[quote user="ice91785"]you may actually NEED active cooling on your RAM[/quote]

Most likely.

Did you see that Asus version of the Skulltrail board? It has active ram cooling built in... I'd like to see more of that sort of thing!

methious 6 years ago

It seems like the farther they go pushing speeds on ram (all subsystems for that matter), active cooling is going to be a happening thing.  I got tired of the box of cpu coolers growing in my parts room and went to a universal water setup for my rig.  Putting in an extra 120mm fan behind the drive bays pushing air past the ram, over the cpu, and mosfets that are now heat sinked.  Remember when just putting an 80mm fan on the back was revolutionary?

recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

[quote user="methious"]Remember when just putting an 80mm fan on the back was revolutionary? [/quote]

Those were the days.

A single 80mm fan in a modern rig with a powerful cpu(air cooled)and GFX card is asking for a meltdown lol!

werty316 6 years ago

4GB of DDR2-1066MHz (PC2-8500) and DDR2-1142MHz (PC2-9136) is just crazy. I can only imagine what the timngs will be like.

recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

I think DDR2 1066 C5 is the sweet spot of all ram right now in terms of price:performance. A 4gb kit of said ram can easily be had for under 2 bills!

ice91785 6 years ago

[quote user="recoveringknowitall"]

Most likely.

It will most certainly be an option for most performance RAM in the near future I am guessing....I mean Corsair has already done so with the Dominator series and if these DDR3 kits are shoving like 2.5+ volts through the RAM you can't really rely on passive cooling anymore can ya?

werty316 6 years ago

With 2.5V the chips are bound to let the smoke out.

donpm 6 years ago

I will be stricking with DD2 for a while untill the prices come down a bit more on DD3