BitFenix Intros Colossus Venom Edition And Colossus Window PC Cases

When it comes to PC cases, the choices are endless. You could hunt for days and days and not run out of options, but only a few really rise to the top in terms of flexibility and design. BitFenix is hoping to join that elite group with the new Colossus Venom and Windows cases. These are two new variants of the Colossus full-tower PC chassis, and they've definitely got style.

The Colossus Venom Edition was actually just a prototype a few months ago, but after lots of demand from those at Gamescom 2010, the company decided to commercialize it. Colossus Venom Edition uses the same design as the original Colossus, but allows users to select between green or red lighting at the push of a button. This new color choice gives Colossus Venom Edition an ominous new look, perfect for intimidating the competition during late-night gaming sessions. Of course, all the original Colossus features have been retained, such as the proprietary BitFenix SofTouch coating, BitFenix S3 Storage Compartment, and two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports.

The Colossus Window is exactly what you think it is: a PC case with a clear window meant to show off your pretty innards. Eschewing the LED side panels for an attractive windowed side panel, users can let their hardware shine through, all while being enclosed by the distinctive styling of the Colossus design. Users can choose between the Colossus Window's three variants (Black, White and Venom), each coming with two color-matched 230mm LED fans which cast a bright glow through the signature windowed side panel. A simplified control panel provides the basic controls, including power on/off, reset, and LED on/off, and for connectivity, Colossus Window comes with four USB 2.0 ports, one eSATA port and audio jacks.

The Venom Edition will sell for $169, while the Window sells for $149.

The BitFenix Colossus is one of the most celebrated PC chassis of 2010, garnering nearly 40 international positive reviews and awards. With feedback from BitFenix fans around the world, BitFenix is releasing two new versions of Colossus: Colossus Venom Edition and Colossus Window. These full-tower PC chassis offer meticulous design, advanced features, and unmatched styling for gamers who demand the very best.

Colossus Venom Edition:

- New Venom Green LED color option
- Two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports
- PWM Fan Controller for fine tune fan speeds with greater precision
- Multimode Light Controls (on, pulse, off)
- Advanced LED Lighting System with user-selectable red and green

- Complete cable management
- Seven hard disk bays and eight PCI slots
- Install up to two 230mm fans, three 140mm fans, or five 120mm fans
- Easy Installation

Pricing and Availability
========================

Colossus Venom will retail for an MSRP of 159€ (incl. 19% VAT) and $169 USD.

Colossus Window will retail for an MSRP of 139€ (incl. 19% VAT) and $149 USD.
Via:  BitFenix
Comments
acarzt 4 years ago

Those are uhh... very unique cases lol

mentaldisorder 4 years ago

[quote user="acarzt"]

Those are uhh... very unique cases lol

Couldn't agree more.  Can't say I dig the squiggles.

infinityzen1 4 years ago

Yes they are uhh... very unique is not the words I would use. More like the Colossus Venom Edition is one fugly case.

resin 4 years ago

Yes very fugly. Looks like a 1980's concept of 'futuristic'.

I must say that more cases than not just seem too over the top to me.

I don't want weird angles and neon trims and backlighting all over the place. My idea of a nice looking case is something like the Corsair 700D - solid, black, simple - except that thing is a bit gigantic for my needs.

jonation 4 years ago

[quote user="Resin"]My idea of a nice looking case is something like the Corsair 700D[/quote]

I second Resin. I looooooove the look of the 700D and 800D.

I just wish they would sell a version of the 700D
a. for cheaper than 800D (really a hotswap bay is only worth around $20 off????)
b. with a side window option

ps. c. more stock fans? not everyone can jump to watercooling.

rmstiles09 4 years ago

The snake like lines on this case would be a pain to clean and keep clean. I have also never really seen any use for the door. All it does it slow you down when you want to use your ODD's and especially if you are using liquid cooling with a drive bay mounted system.

realneil 4 years ago

Agreed, it's too ugly to sell for so much.

rapid1 4 years ago

rofl some guys will get there hot rod kicks off it until someone tells them it's stupid looking. As for the Corsair cases I agree wholeheartedly.

OSunday 4 years ago

Wow this is... interesting?

@Resin:

Might be trying to jump on the Tron bandwagon and make a profit of that with was literally the 80's concept of futuristic ahah

and having a nice looking, unique case is one of the biggest rewards to me of building your own system and allthough the corsaid 700D is nice, the side window on 800D is just another aspect of individuality when compaired to retail cases in pre-built systems like dells, hp's etc.

I personally use an antec 1200, quality build, great airflow and the I enjoy the blue fans but thankfully some of the LED's can be turned off so if I leave my computer running at night it doesnt seem like theres a small alien spacecraft in the corner of my room

resin 4 years ago

The Antec 1200 is nice.

If I built my own system or even if I just purchased a system with some awesome looking liquid cooling going on I would probably want a side window to show off what I had. DSO's blackop's assasin case has a similar look that I like but has the side panel widow and is a bit smaller than the corsair.

jonation 4 years ago

I have the 900-2, baby 1200. I love it, but the cable management could be better.

Rads are trickier than you would think, better in the 1200 but still tricky if you don't want an overwhelmingly positive airflow.

InfinityzeN1 4 years ago

You guys are right on custom being where it is at.  Of course, there is only so far you can go on your own (if you have time restrictions and lack mad crazy modder skills).  Sadly, I'm one of those people so I just had Smooth Creations create me a custom job.  If you haven't seen it, clickly on the first system in my sig.

OSunday 4 years ago

Custom builds are insanely easy, and for $800 you can build yourself a unique, bang for buck gaming rig or for $600 just for casual use and a couple extras.

No crazy modding skills are required to making your own custom build, but the biggest advantage to building your own computer is the adaptability and ease of upgrades so when a new piece of technology comes out, you're not forced to buy a whole new computer for another $800 if you want to take advantage of it, but only about $200, not to mention once you sell you're old component your spending about $100 to jump into the latest in technology

RSmith 3 years ago

I actually like this case, a lot.  And if one would say (as epic of a win as they are) that the Corsair Obsidian cases are worth $270+, then there's no reason that this one shouldn't be worth $170.  I have the Cooler Master NV690, and I paid $120, which was a steal practically.  This case is way nicer in some respects, and I'd have to say that $170 for the Colossus Venom Edition is a very good price point, comparatively speaking.  What I think is cool, is how much it reminds me of the Dead Space 2 cover, due to the armor worn in-game.

RSmith 3 years ago

Yeah, I posted this at the risk of reviving a dead thread, but it was interesting to me :) .

rrplay 3 years ago

actaully what been interesting to me lately is that Bitfenix chassis are now available in the US thanks to campaigns on FB   the Colossus Chassis for me is one those cases that can be hard for me to decide as whether i would prefer the window or non-windowed version they make several other chassis as well and the Shinobi line getting quite a bit of the Buzz these days  ..

AKwyn 3 years ago

Eh, it's a nice design for those who like it but other then that, nothing really seems tempting about this case.

omegadoom13 3 years ago

I really like the look of this case, but it's missing that "IT" factor that would truly get my blood pumping.  I don't doubt the build quality and workmanship of BitFenix cases like the Colossus Venom, but the look of a case can sometimes be a major deciding factor for someone in the market for one.  I would like to see BitFenix move away from their comfort zone and design a case that would truly awestruck the PC case market, especially the crowded market in the United States.

rrplay 3 years ago

[quote user="omegadoom13"]

The folks at BitFenix esp David seem to take a genuine interest in getting feedback from there fans with several of the design feature of the chassis. Another chassis that soon to be released  is the Outlaw

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YCuF_HqUvI]

On a side note ..whenever I see the Colossus chassis it now reminds me of the Krell in the classic film Forbidden Planet  lol