Asus and Intel Launch WEPC.com, HH Joins Forces

We simply must chalk this one up in the totally cool column.  After all, how many times have you been asked to specify your own dream product by top-tier manufacturers?  The world's first "crowd-sourced" personal computer is the vision and goal of the new Asus and Intel WEPC campaign and web site.  What are your top five must-have features for a top-of-the-line notebook?  Do you want it as powerful as you can get it, at the expense of a boat anchor weight class? Or would your rather have something lighter, nimble but still full-featured?  We here at HotHardare, in conjunction with our friends at Intel and Asus are joining forces to help you, our faithful readers and valued community members build a notebook PC in a swingin' Frank Sinatra sort of groove -- in other words, "MY WAY".

Imagine your perfect PC. Now imagine top engineers and innovators working around the clock to make that Dream PC a reality. That's the dream WePC.com is all about.

ASUS and Intel have created WePC.com, a place where users like you come together to share ideas, images and inspiration about your ideal PC. But what if it's not just talk. Your designs, feature ideas and community feedback will be evaluated by ASUS and could influence the blueprint for an actual notebook PC built by ASUS with Intel inside.

Does your Dream PC work under water? Or is it made of bamboo? Maybe it recognizes you by your fingerprints? Or comes equipped with a built-in projector? Does the keyboard slide off to reveal gaming controls? Formulate your wildest ideas and bring them to life on WePC.com!

Register at the site, toss out your ideas, comment on my weekly blog post here, or you can even use the drawing board to create your own Dream PC image.  It's pretty cool to think of the kind of power you can wield at this place and with design engineers at Asus and Intel.  Put them to work and tell Asus and Intel what you want!  Gather enough votes and backers behind you and you might even turn out to be the inspiring innovator and creator of the first ever "WE PC"; by the people, for the people and all that revolutionary stuff.

Via:  WEPC.com
Tags:  Intel, Asus, PC, HH, CES, WePC, launch, force, COM, and
Comments
ice_73 6 years ago

my dream pc has a battery life of 20 years, a google of cores, and of course lets not forget 1 petabyte ram, and 10 top of the line video cards :-p

joking aside, id like to see a good gaming laptop with a decent battery life. thats under 8lbs.

bob_on_the_cob 6 years ago

A light notebook with amazing battery life. Give me a lappy with 8 hours of battery life and I'm sold. I don't care if it has a 9" screen and a 1GHz cpu.

ice_73 6 years ago

[quote user="bob_on_the_cob"]

asus ee?

anyway i registered and made a post

please comment on my idea... am i the only one who wants a 15 inch gaming laptop?

bob_on_the_cob 6 years ago

A 15in gaming lappy would be nice. I'm thinking about getting a EEE. Waiting till christmas time or new years.

ice91785 6 years ago
3vi1 6 years ago

Some of the concepts on that site, even the most voted ideas, seem as if they were *designed* to destroy my faith in human intellect and ingenuity. Though I did smile when the guy named his project @#^!ingtosh.

Of course, I guess I don't have room to talk unless I put my own ideas out there, for free, eh?

3vi1 6 years ago

Okay... submitted my idea.

The gist of which is: laptops and small-form-factor PCs need a common, modular, standard for their motherboards (think ATX) that would allow us to mix-and-match components and upgrade accordingly.

Evolaptop

ice_73 6 years ago

they kinda have that man, you can upgrade your video card, hdd, ram, everything except the case really.

the motherboard though isnt too big of a deal imo, just buy a barebones clevo and buy everything else off the shelf

bob_on_the_cob 6 years ago

If they would consistently use MXM.

3vi1 6 years ago

When I can go to NewEgg, choose "Video Cards" and there's a "laptop" option in the left-hand list, they will have that.

Super Dave 6 years ago

[quote user="3vi1"]

Okay... submitted my idea.

Evolaptop

An EXCELLENT idea...give us a common laptop motherboard standard!

Super Dave 6 years ago

So I added my two-cents: see HERE. If you like my idea give me a Yes. Thanks!

bob_on_the_cob 6 years ago

[quote user="Super Dave"]

So I added my two-cents: see HERE. If you like my idea give me a Yes. Thanks!

Wow just wow.

Super Dave 6 years ago

Thank you for your support!Yes

3vi1 6 years ago

Good idea!

Off topic a bit: The 180W 9.5V AC adapter on my wife's laptop (zd8000) gets extremely hot. It's kind of large too. It's very much like a George Foreman grill without the hinged lid.

In HP's defense, the system (ZD8000) is less of a laptop or "desktop replacement" as it is an object that you would pull off a small child to get your picture in the paper. Hmmm... I seem to be rather bad at defending companies.

Anyway, to the real point: I've gone through about 4 AC adapters (I have two left, then I'm replacing the system). There are cheap non-HP Chinese knock-offs available... but you get what you pay for. To confuse things more, there are several versions of the ZD8000 - some of which use a 7V adapter, and I've had companies send me the wrong one even though I ordered the right one. Therefore....

Why can't there be, to pick a random number, five *standard* AC adapters using a standard Super-Dave Bulletproof Connector? We wouldn't put up with this nonsense if every PC motherboard required a different power supply.

ice_73 6 years ago

meh, id just be happy with a sturdy, light, and not flaming power adaptor... heck id be happy with any poweradaptor if i had a laptop.

ice_73 6 years ago

i lol'd "just like a console" so just get a console!

Super Dave 6 years ago

[quote user="ice_73"]i dont get your drawing... you draw a female symbol, and a male symbol and somehow that means bullet proof?

She's a tuff chick. If you look closely you might notice she is sporting a tatoo!Big Smile