AVADirect Adds Radeon HD 7970 to Its Lineup

It took a little over a month after the debut of the ATI Radeon HD 7970, but AVADirect now offers 7970 graphics cards from multiple manufacturers. The latest and greatest in graphics from AMD, the 7970 will offer a nice bump in performance for AVADirect systems.

Although cards from more manufacturers will be added by and by, AVADirect customers can currently choose from ASUS ($651.92), Sapphire ($651.50), and XFX ($691.76) branded HD 7970 cards.

The press release (below) notes that although it’s been tough to find 7970s thus far, AMD told AVADirect that availability will be increasing.

AVADirect Adds ATI Radeon HD 7970 Graphics Cards

Twinsburg, OH - January 27th, 2012 - AVADirect, a leading provider of custom computer solutions, now offers ATI Radeon HD 7970 Graphics Cards.

The ATI Radeon HD 7970 series was announced on December 22nd, 2011 as the new architecture for future graphics by AMD. Originally code-named "Tahiti", the new AMD GPU is known internally as the GCN (Graphics Core Next) gen GPU for future designs. The 7970 boasts all original features of its predecessor, but also includes a newly added function known as "Zerocore Power" which will reduce clocks of unused GPUs to conserve power and heat generation. The design of the 7970 is based off of a 3GB GDDR5, 384-bit memory bus that will deliver improved performance across the board, and has been documented to improve gaming between 12%-25% on average. AVADirect will continue to add ATI HD 7970 models, from various manufacturers, as they are released. Since December of last year, the ATI Radeon HD 7970's have been quite scarce, but according to AMD we will now begin to see more availability that is accessible to those interested.
Via:  AVADirect
Comments
AKwyn 2 years ago

Good to see more system manufactuers having the option of including the 7970 in their systems, especially AVADirect.

LLeCompte 2 years ago

Soon the 7000 series will take over......

dangerrenegade 2 years ago

I have never even heard of AVADirect before this, but apparently they are based out of and manufacture in the USA! Pretty cool, I may check out some of their other stuff.

JOliver 2 years ago

Prices are still too high.

cowboyspace 2 years ago

I agree the prices are high. Lets Wait a bit more :) but well if you want some custom cards you have a lot of choices :)

AKwyn 2 years ago

[quote user="JOliver"]

Prices are still too high.

Agreed but it's still reasonable compared to the GTX 580.

Time will tell if NVIDIA releases something that changes AMD's prices.

Aoshi 2 years ago

Yeah they are high. I think most people would choose the 580 considering the benchmarks. I still think Nvidia will have to release something interesting soon.  Even if the 7970 isn't necessarily as powerful as the 580/590, it is only a single GPU.

cowboyspace 2 years ago

considering what bench? 7970 is a better performer  than the 580 no doubt about that while using almost the same watts..You are talking about 590 vs a 7970? you are joking right?

AKwyn 2 years ago

[quote user="Aoshi"]

7970 beats out the 580 in terms of pure performance and the fact that it's 28nm and overclockable to a certain degree just increases it's dominance over NVIDIA until the latest 28nm comes out or they're able to get all of the performance out of the GPU like Dave said.

adrianfrederic 2 years ago

nice post  and thanks for the information

MGressel 2 years ago

Both Manufacturers are great! I am liking the looks of the Asus DirectCU version though.

JuicyFruitSweeT 2 years ago

NVIDIA better release their next gen soon if they want to make money :)

jackdon 27 days ago

You're good journalist, as allowed me to unfold my informative arts. I've unvarying got a consultation of write my essay [url=http://www.smartcustomwriting.net/write-my-essay-perfect]http://www.smartcustomwriting.net/write-my-essay-perfect[/url]. This worldwide art was truly convenient for me.