AMD 990FX-Based Asus CrossHair V Formula Sneak Peek

A few weeks back, NVIDIA broke the news that official SLI support was coming to some future AMD chipset-based motherboards. And the first of those ‘boards has arrived in the HH labs, the Asus CrossHair V Formula.

The Asus CrossHair line of motherboards for AMD processors has long been a favorite amongst enthusiast and this latest addition seems poised to carry on the tradition. The CrossHair V Formula is based on the brand new AMD 990FX chipset, which support all current socket AM3 processors and future AM3+ based processors as well.

The Asus CrossHair V Formula AM3+ AMD 990FX-Based Motherboard

The Crosshair V Formula will also support both 3-Way NVDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX multi-GPU configurations, USB 3.0, SATA 6G all around, and the board sports an advanced UEFI BIOS and DIGI+ VRM design as well. As expected from an Asus RoG (Republic of Gamers) board, there are plenty of overclocking tools built in too and an onboard SupremeFX X-Fi 2 chip delivers solid audio, especially for an integrated solution.

In addition to the CrossHair V Formula pictured here, a Thunderbolt edition is on tap as well. The Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt will come with Asus’ ThunderBolt audio/LAN combo expansion card. The ThunderBolt card is outfitted with XONAR audio technology which provides better sound quality than integrated solutions, and also offers a built-in headphone amplifier with adjustable impedance settings for fine tuning of the audio output. The Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt also incorporates the Bigfoot Networks Killer E2100 NIC.

We’ve got an AMD 990FX chipset-based motherboard round-up in the works now and will have more details with a full performance profile posted in the weeks ahead.

Via:  HotHardware
Comments
JuicyFruitSweeT 3 years ago

impressive =)

LLeCompte 3 years ago

very nice, hopefully its in full swing in 3 years when its time for me to upgrade.

mhenriday 3 years ago

AMD 990FX chipset-based motherboards are all very well, but when, o when, will Bulldozer make it to the market ?...

Henri

realneil 3 years ago

[quote user="mhenriday"]when, o when, will Bulldozer make it to the market [/quote]

Rumor has it that it's been delayed for months again. Was gonna be June 16TH.

SammyHayabuza 3 years ago

[quote user="realneil"]Rumor has it that it's been delayed for months again. Was gonna be June 16TH.[/quote]

I hope not...I think it will come out in June , All the Motherboard Giants have already announced their Line Up!!

Here's a chance to win One Of three Asus 990/FX boards On FaceBook, including the recently previewed Crossfire V Formula!

Edit: My Badd...I meant the "Crosshair" V Formula

realneil 3 years ago

[quote user="SammyHayabuza"]Edit: My Badd...I meant the "Crosshair" V Formula[/quote]

Now you're splitting hairs!    Yuk-Yuk!  Big Smile

Too bad so many contests are tied to Facebook.

SammyHayabuza 3 years ago

[quote user="realneil"]Now you're splitting hairs!    Yuk-Yuk!  Big Smile[/quote]

LOL

[quote user="realneil"]Too bad so many contests are tied to Facebook.[/quote]

Actually, Its quite cool, I've won many cool prizes because of facebook, including here @ HH, Facebook is has been phenomenal!!

I Believe you...I think that you can call it official, everyone is reviewing the 990FX AM3+ boards with Phenom Processors! This Sucks..And its boring..Who cares if it support Sli and its compatible with Phenom, I want to see BullDozer in Action!!

realneil 3 years ago

[quote user="SammyHayabuza"]everyone is reviewing the 990FX AM3+ boards with Phenom Processors! This Sucks..And its boring..Who cares if it support Sli and its compatible with Phenom, I want to see BullDozer in Action![/quote]

If it's not ready for release, then they shouldn't release it.

They have a lot of people just waiting for this, and if it somehow flops, it will damage their reputation. So, I can wait for it as long as it takes to get the best product.

Oh,....and it's Facebook that draws huge vacuum.