#1 Gadget College Announced

Some sites are making a big deal about this, but when you think about how much tuition costs: who cares?

Choosing a college or university is no easy task.  There are so many factors to consider: social life, breadth of majors, sports reputation and gadgets.  Abilene Christian University (ACU) has become the first to offer iPhones or iPod touches to incoming students making the gadgets standard equipment for learning.  Almost makes me want to go back to school.

Some people might think that the money would be better spent on say, lowering tuition.  Naaaah.

Via:  Gadgetell
Tags:  Gadget, college
Comments
Lev_Astov 6 years ago
Oh yeah? Well my school had free tuition AND gave everyone a laptop! In your face, Abilene Christian University!

Seriously, who rates this and how do iphones count as better gadgets than laptops?
Der Meister 6 years ago
I pay $950 per credit... I'll take and kick backs
recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

Interesting that it's a Christian University offering this... hmm.

vicaphit 6 years ago

Must be a crappy college if they have to give away iPhones to get people to enroll.  I wonder if they take the phone away after graduation.

recoveringknowitall 6 years ago

[quote user="vicaphit"]I wonder if they take the phone away after graduation[/quote]

They'd have to kick my a** to get it back lol!

Kamrooz 6 years ago

Funny how it's a christian college...people losing faith? =P.

mentaldisorder 6 years ago
Last I checked, good schools give laptops out as well. I'd understand a laptop,but I don't thing these phones and touches are necessary. They're a luxury, not a necessity.
vicaphit 6 years ago

Yeah, iPhones are not needed to learn, if anything, they hinder learning because students will be playing with them in class.

As for College being all about big business, I disagree, my alma mater is actually losing money, and they have had to raise tuition twice in the last few years.